Apr 30, 2007
Got my 250 back together halfway through the season. I love it.

I managed to scrape together enough races in the 450C to take 2nd in season points (er...not hard when 2nd also equals lastest place).

Racing 2 motos makes all the difference in the world when your only track time is race time. 450C almost always ran 2 classes before the Women's Open.

I had a close call and a wicked battle in points for the women's class. I came out on top of my tough competition this year, and took 3rd in season points.

Some Canadians were gracious enough to let me try out a 150 Expert during the last race of the season. Lets just say that I can ride one of those things better than I've ridden any other bike in my life, despite the fact that we (the 150 and I) were mostly separate entities navigating the track.

I can't honestly say that I ever had both feet on the footpegs at the same time, but somehow that worked. It was wickedly fun to toss that thing around after being on the big beast. The corners and ruts didn't matter. It never "hit" or tried to slide out on me when I hit the power no matter how far I leaned it over. That ride felt and looked good enough in the first moto, that they said I could do it again in the 2nd moto since I did so well (5th out of 11, with a Canadian pro or two showing).

2nd moto had me getting taken out in the first corner. But I got up and made it back to 5th place, and was a corner or two away from taking 4th.

That kinda means I managed to pass five? riders. In fact, only three or four people knew that it was me. The announcer was totally bewildered, "That looks like Tolle's gear, but...(something to the degree of she's never held that kind of a pace before!)"

I was so tickled with that performance that I giggled like a little fool the rest of the day.

We also put on a spoof powder puff utility quad race/first time women's race. I was on a Grizzly 700 wearing a pink dress and a tiara. First time I've been on a dress in 7 or more years. Turns out them Grizzlys will clear a finishline table top just fine. The landing is just a little iffy. :whoa:

The gate was literally packed! I couldn't believe the turn out and support! Major thanks to the Bell Helmet, Fox, One Industries and everyone else that donated the prizes (the race results were chosen by drawing names out of a hat).

The Mighty 105 is for sale now (as much as it hurts). I'm in the market for a CRF 150RB now!

Here's a shot of the 250 that makes me look like I almost know what I'm doing! Thanks to Paul at Braap.ca for the sweet shot! :cool:

http://braap.zenfolio.com/p132707451/h2f67bfa1#h2f67bfa1

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2007
One more thing!

320184_298234960192622_140758672606919_1483757_279795929_n.jpg

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
A very nice report indeed! And I was just scrolling down to ask, about the dress race! I have more fun on my 250 smoker, but racing against Wardy and others in the +45 and +50 classes, I need the 450f or the KX500AF! Ice racing this winter?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
justalonewolf007 said:
One more thing!

320184_298234960192622_140758672606919_1483757_279795929_n.jpg

Very cool report lonewolf. :cool:

Gomer. At first I thought that was you. :whoa: :yikes:

Apr 30, 2007
It started out at the beginning of the season, one of the racer moms I regularly talk to said that she wanted to try a race some day, but the only thing she had to ride was a work quad.

I have always wanted to try racing quad, but all I have access to is a work quad. (Grizzly 700 FI). This has also been a topic lightly mentioned by a lot of racer moms/sisters over the past two years.

At this point, I knew that it couldn't hurt to ask the organizers, so I took said racer mom and we went straight over to propose the idea.

"We want a women's working quad race. How about a one time special deal at the end of the season?"

He figured that so long as it was the very last race of the day, he'd let us do it if we had enough interest (a whopping 6 people had to sign up). We got our six people within about 20 minutes that day.

At that point, I left all the planning up to said racer mom, and DMC's Ultimate racer mom (also one of the bosses at DMC Motorsports). I had kinda expected just a show up at the line and go sort of deal, but the idea exploded into a "Princess Parade" with a hint of Breast Cancer Awareness purposes, and SWEET PRIZES. (Scorpion coat donated by the Bell rep, and many many other awesome shirts, goggles donated by Fox and local dealers).

I got permission to ride my bosses quad (since the other one, "mine", was still too nice and low mileage) and at the last minute, I gave his wife and two daughters free permission to girly the crap out of it.

I think they did an excellent job in 15 minutes.

We decided to allow Mini Race quads to compete so long as the riders were above 18 and not usual mini quad racers.

With that, we dressed up, and totally filled the gate! we were lined up less than 4 inches from eachother with not a single spot to spare! Since some of us had an advantage, the finishing places was not decided by the order we came across the finishline, but by drawing.

Funnest race ever!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom