adamant

Mar 20, 2006
Does anyone out there have experiance with the excel colourd rims. I have the excel rims & talon hubs on my bike but both rims are slightly buckled. So I am thinking maybe ill get some rims in gold. But my main concern is would the finish last on them. And also could I build the wheels myself or is it a job for the shop....

thanks

demonrider

Jun 7, 2006
i have a set of excel coulored rims and me and people who know about them tell me they are awsome rims to have on a bike. as far as setting the spokes and hubs id leave that to the pros....when it comes to rims i wouldnt mess with em case something happens..

kshackleton

Oct 12, 2005
adamant said:
Does anyone out there have experiance with the excel colourd rims. I have the excel rims & talon hubs on my bike but both rims are slightly buckled. So I am thinking maybe ill get some rims in gold. But my main concern is would the finish last on them. And also could I build the wheels myself or is it a job for the shop....

thanks

I just replaced a rim on my front wheel....first time I did that. The old rim was cracked right through and was held together by the tire. The new excel rim laced up perfectly and I was able to get it true in about an hour. Patience, patience, patience.....I clamped the axle horizontally in my black and decker workmate and spun the rim using a screwdriver as a pointer.

It looks extremely intimidating, but is was surprisingly easy.

Ken

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom