NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
I'm supposed to go to Middle Creek on Sat to meet Buddy & Mini but this sounds like a lot more fun:) If someone can offer a couch to sleep on Friday night I'd love to come down and help out.

Would that trail be the one between Farmer John & Baxter's checks at the Boar?

Being un-employed I can come down on any day if you guys want to go in before Saturday.

Yep, I too carry a space blanket, bic lighter AND a road flare.

Brian

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Kind of you to offer Brian, we are putting a plan together and I should be able to go out Sat. am. I will know more tomorow.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Couple of questions.
1) is there 3 or 4 bikes that need to be rescued?
2) what is the fuel situation?
3)My understanding is that Les will not be able to make it down to get his. How will he get his bike?

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
FJ, I will be there Sat am-spot & time to be determined. 2 strokes low on gas, bring gatorade bottles of gas? 3 bikes to go out. dp400 going Friday for his bike.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
That's outstanding of the offers to help. On behalf of the group, with gratfulness: a big thank you. Now back to business:

There are four bikes total. Gasoline is not a problem as there each of the abandoned bikes have ~1/2 tank - plenty to get to the trail head and then some, perhaps even back to Oak Flat on the graded road.

If Les can get off that would be benefitial in that with FJ, NVR, Jonala, plus one more shuttle-volunteer, the recovery would be one trip in doubling up on four bikes, then solo out on eight bikes.

Without the one remaining/outstanding volunteer and no Les, it would be two trips in and out; a longer day overall, nonetheless do-able.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I just second Kiwi's reply OUTSTANDING! Glad to hear you fellas got out ok but you really got me wondering about something. With your bikes being out there so long aren't you worried about them still being there? I don't think I could have left my baby out there all alone that long and still sleep at night.

dp400

Aug 8, 2001
There is going to be 3-4 or 5 bikes depending how my rescue goes tomorrow:-) !!! If all goes well there will only be 3 bikes on the trail by Sat. morning. Sounds like we have many fine dirtbikers willing to help the over the hill gang! You guys rock! Now - can anyone tell me what this disgusting rash is all over my shins? I'm thinking it's the infamous Clear Creek Crud! I will keep you posted as to my attempt.

Dan

PS is there anything you guys want me to say to your bikes?

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
How about this, we MTB back to the bikes, then strap the MTB's to the back of the motocycles and ride out. :p I'm no help, I know. :think:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by TTRGuy
With your bikes being out there so long aren't you worried about them still being there?

They will not know for sure until Sat morning.
The Cow Trail is one of the most remote trails @ Clear Creek. I know of a CR 250 that stayed there for 6 weeks & was not touched. Of course this was in the days before those stupid BLM maps. :think:

dp400

Aug 8, 2001
I'm thinking of riding my Honda Goldwing down the trail and putting my dirtbike on the back and riding out. :-) Oh yea - my back went out today - back spasims - I guess all the stess and strain of the other day is catching up. I'll ice it up - should be better by tomorrow.

When it rains it pours!

DP

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Originally posted by dp400
Oh yea - my back went out today - back spasims - I guess all the stess and strain of the other day is catching up. I'll ice it up - should be better by tomorrow.
DP

Being the owner of a bad back myself, don't worry about us getting your bike.
If you aren't healthy we can make arrangements to get your bike back to you.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Just noticed this post..... Sounds like a fine adventure. Good luck getting the bikes back. Make sure you get pictures this weekend.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
I'll start with a full tank and if any of two smoke riders are worried about their fuel situation bring a bottle of premix and we use my bike as the Valdez. Of course I could put the 4 gallon tank on my wifes XR250 and have enough gas for everybody to fill up and ride back:)

Brian

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
placelast, fremontguy, dp400 &D36-108A,

Can you guys give me the updated rescue information?
Like Brian said, Buddy and I are planning to go to Middle Creek for the weekend, but if you guys need more help, we can think about coming down to Clear Creek from Friday.
How many people did you get so far?
Are you planning to get to the bikes on somebody's back seat?
Mini

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
placelast - I got a bike just calling your name...... I bet you could of made it up that little hill on the 500:)

I'll start with a full tank on my WR and the 2smoke guys and siphon off my tank if there's a fuel issue - just bring some premix.

Brian

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
An idea if you're concerned about gas. Any of the rescue bikes going to be 2 smokes?
Take a piece of fuel line along & do a tank-to-tank transfer. Or take a bottle of measured oil with space enuf for the gas from a thumper & mix if necessary.
& I agree with whoever said it, you guys offering to help rock.
Way cool thread, definitely one to keep.
Do let us know how it goes (I hope well)

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
Gas won't be a problem unless we try to ride back to Oak Flat. It looks like we've got Farmer John, NVR FNSH, and Jonala being the ferry riders for me, placelast, and fremontguy. dp400 will recover his bike Friday, a quick and dirty recon before the big operation. If he gets in trouble again, he's going to burn fremontguy's bike for warmth.

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Originally posted by D36-108A
If he gets in trouble again, he's going to burn fremontguy's bike for warmth.

He is going to burn the mini bike first? :p Why FG's bike? Just because it's a KTM, and the euro's make green products? :laugh:

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Jonala, they are just mad because I was the only one with a flashlight and extra batteries walking through the dark :cool:

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
That is the most brutal ride report I have ever read. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but glad to hear everyone is ok!

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
It sounds like you guys got enough helpers, so we won't show up in Clear Creek this weekend.
Good luck and tell us all about the rescue mission!!
Mini

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by NVR FNSH
placelast - I got a bike just calling your name...... I bet you could of made it up that little hill on the 500:)

Brian

All that horsepower would have gone down the drain as it was a situation wanting for traction and momentum to make any forward progress. The green skinny rider-killer would have packed up and slopped around like all the others. I remember being all over on and off the trail on climbs and downhills; whatever direction the bike was pointed that's where you might end up going, and you might not without a warning.

OK, so I'm going to be at Oak Flat Saturday morning ~8am awaiting a ride with D36 to Staging Area 6, then double up with Jonala or another's bike for the ride in with the troops; MacArthur's "I shall return".

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom