Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
There are many ideas floating around right now about how to make DW03 even better than DW02. Let's spend some time coming up with suggestions, clear them with Brownie and make them a reality before next fall.

I have 30+ years of construction/design experience that I will be glad to lend to the cause.

I know electricity & dump station have already been mentioned.
What else?

Tony

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
-More Port-a-Potties...
-GP/Grass track for Vintage guys...
-more woods trails...
-trials location... (with big rocks and old cars to climb)

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Remote access to the PA system so that the events could be anounced from the DW tent???

OR, set up the DW tent by the Tower?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Water. I think we kicked the well's butt getting water to refill the RV's and the constant bike washing going on. Don't know the solution to that one unless Bswift loans us them big tanks and set us up a "reloading" station or something. Just bringing it up. We ran out of water the last few days and thank goodness for the spode showers!!!

Elk may apprecite some spider traps. :moon:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
How about lighted Porta-Thumps? I thought I had it locked (no flashlight) but someone with a flashlight proved me wrong. :eek:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Doing the Drawings first thing in the morning. It would motivate people to attend the rider meetings. I'll throw in a second for a grass/gp track.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
This may or may not be something helpful but, for our club's leased property I had access to a photograph of the property that was otho-corrected (i.e. not warped at the edges due to the whole curvature of the lens and earth blah, blah, blah). We then had one of our member take a GPS recording system out and ride all the tails and tracks. I then took this data and matched it up to the photo so that we have a map that folks can relate to. I've added a bunch of other stuff and plan to rate the trails using colored line work but maybe this would be a helpful addition so that folks could get an idea of what the course is or where they want to go next?

Obviously Tony I got ya' covered on any plans or diagrams :thumb:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I'd kinda like a nail to hang my towel on in the spode wash.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sorry VD, that totally escaped my planning.:scream: Of course, when I got in there for the first time it was, well, where do I put my dry clothes? I'll see about some UPGRADES on the Spode Wash. My bigger concern is abundant water. Anyone in the National Gaurd? We might be able to swing a water truck with drinking water that would help with the RV's and such. Next year I'll try to have a water heater that doesn't leak and have lights, a seat, and a "nail" to hang your towel on.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Thanks BSWIFT. That spode wash was a real life saver. All y'alls lives, not mine :)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Papakeith
Doing the Drawings first thing in the morning. It would motivate people to attend the rider meetings.

Attending the riders meetings was not a problem for me, I was up long before the sun every morning anyway. I never knew what time it was after that which caused me to miss most of the drawings, seems I was always on the other side of the facilities when they started. No biggie for me, I didn't go for the prizes anyway, that's why I took Blackhawk468 so she could clean up. :p

Originally posted by Fred T
Water.
I 2nd that

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
A board to post everything that is going on for the day and at what time. a chalk board, or a dry erase board....... and don't let me write on it! :uh:
A bull horn for field events???
I missed the printed out schedule that was in the enveolpe, like last year??, kindof helped me keep on track of what was going on during the day.

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
The Oklahoma State Championship Series races are all broadcast on a short-range FM transmitter. This makes it easy to know what's going on regardless of how far you are from the PA system. Maybe we can locate a transmitter and do our own thang. Interested?

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
We ran out of water? I didn't hear about that!
The schedule was posted everyday...
We did consider the givaways at the riders meeting, might do it next year
Some kind of bull horn for the classes
The Spode wash ROCKED
Announce events (for those that can't read :p) ahead of time
More Porta-Poties and get serviced when they are supposed to! (I thought two would be good enough for late night runs (no pun), considering there are real bathrooms)

All good ideas/comments

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by BSWIFT
Anyone in the National Gaurd?

I am, try contacting one of the local units around CL, most have a fill time recruiter on duty. Also they prolly have a state wide contingant that travel around with some sort of fun activity to attract attention. The KY Guard has a tricked out Expidition and a climbing wall :thumb: I'm sure if there is a unit near CL you could get them to help with water and trafic control, at my campus they help out with the State Sweet Sixteen BBall tourny each year. FWIW I belive they will help at no cost to the organization considering the size of the group and the dollars being brought into the state, not sure though.
Hope this helps,
Phillip

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I was thinking the same thing Okie - If Chris was up for it, a couple smaller jumps on the grass track we had laid out would be way too cool. Looks like you need to plan a trip back just to ride the grass track. I heard about more people having a blast on it than anything else I think.

B

biglou

Keep in mind that if Kris needs any labor help, he has the Heartland Spodes and hopefully some of us KC guys that would be willing to come down and man a shovel or whatever.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
The grass track was heaps of fun for me! I've never (until DW2K2 )been able to really open up my 500. What a hoot to go through a corner in 4th or 5th. A couple of terrain changes would make it a hoot!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm having a tough time thinking of changes, I guess I was so happy to be there, I adapted to whatever! A grass GP track would be cool, it could be incorporated into the Hare Scramble.

We could walk the starting gate at each race and verify numbers and names right there, that would help keep scoring straight with ease. If we had duplicate numbers, we could throw in an "X" or something on the spot.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Grass track next year will be no trouble. I have a friend that will donate a bazillion stakes and I have a bazillion arrows. Consider it a done deal for a killer kick butt Grass Track, with you gizes help of course. :yeehaw:

Mully

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I dont know if a track can be made in the field. By the looks of the large hay bales and farm equipment, i think its reserved for the other part of the year?

An along the lines of farm equipment, make sure the farmer stays out of the field during the race. He pulled right infront of a rider during the team harescramble. Also saw a fuel truck making a delivery and partway on the backside of the huge stepup. Atleast he was watching out for riders. A sign or designated time when Chris would be working on the track would be nice. The "If you see him, get off" was ok until you had to come over a jump to see him on the track. Hard to tell if he was working when he was on the backside of the track til you got there. No biggie for me since i ride slow.

Top Bottom