DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by a454elk
We could walk the starting gate at each race and verify numbers and names right there, that would help keep scoring straight with ease. If we had duplicate numbers, we could throw in an "X" or something on the spot. [/B]
That is a good idea, spot the imposters before the race to avoid confusion! Somebody stole my number, I want to press charges! :)

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by IrishEKU

I am, try contacting one of the local units around CL, most have a full time recruiter on duty. Also they prolly have a state wide contingant that travel around with some sort of fun activity to attract attention. The KY Guard has a tricked out Expidition and a climbing wall :thumb: I'm sure if there is a unit near CL you could get them to help with water and trafic control, at my campus they help out with the State Sweet Sixteen BBall tourny each year. FWIW I belive they will help at no cost to the organization considering the size of the group and the dollars being brought into the state, not sure though.
Hope this helps,
Phillip

Swift, on another note, when we start getting down to the wire, say like three months out get me the #'s of the local Guard facilaties, by that time I will be commissioned and a Liewie(Read: official coffee boy for Bird Colonel's and above) and might be able to finagle a deal, more like signing a had recipt for a Water Buffelo and have them drop it at CL, it's a 500 gallon water trailer. NOTE: These are for Potable Water Only. Or Drinking Water. The only problem will be transporting it to and from a water point, I doubt they would sign over a 2 1/2 ton truck too but I will give it a try when the "Turkey Bay Assault Club Caravan" get's there. I will go to the Armory for a face to face and see what I can do if other provisions haven't been made.

Keep me posted,
Phillip

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
^^^Now your talkin'!^^^^

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Things need to be done BEFORE DW as much as possible.There is plenty of volunteer labor available.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Let's plan on getting together early next year make some decisions.
Tony

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
You heal up Tony and will set something up. We'll get with Kris and Guy and work something out.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Originally posted by Tree jumper
I dont know if a track can be made in the field. By the looks of the large hay bales and farm equipment, i think its reserved for the other part of the year?

Tree jumper,

The grass track wouldn't be perminant. It would be just like this years only better.

Mully

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
for races or events, those little Cobra 2 way radios would work great. I'm sure between everyone there we could outfit most of the flaggers with them, they could all be set on the same channel. Most have about a 2 mile range. I had a set of radios, but didn't think about it until it was too late.

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
Originally posted by TTRGuy
I heard about more people having a blast on it than anything else I think. [/B]

Holy man that grass was fun!
I felt like I was in a two-dimensional universe going through those turns :scream:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by motometal
for races or events, those little Cobra 2 way radios would work great. I'm sure between everyone there we could outfit most of the flaggers with them, they could all be set on the same channel. Most have about a 2 mile range. I had a set of radios, but didn't think about it until it was too late.

Great idea! I have 4 I can bring. Get all the traffic separated onto the various channels. One for race control, one for injurys, one for putting out an APB for a family member.

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Check out this link. I would be glad to make contact if interested. If no interest, they have some good CL footage anyway! ;)

www.tripleclamps.tv

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Wasn't Tripleclamps going to do a DW video this year? What ever happened to that, Okie?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That's not a bad idea, Tony. It could be built permanent for $5-600 + a power washer.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Brian - I'll start asking around for salvage metal skin and metal building components we could use. Thinking through the stuff we would need, we can probably scrounge about everything except the concrete.
Tony

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
You guys are awesome ! Making me wish I lived closer to Cooperland so I could pitch in and help out. DW was awesome this year and it looks like it will be even better next. My hat is off to the Heartland spodes and everyone else invloved. Since your asking, I'll chip in my 2 cents worth even though I'm a penny short.
1) GP track
2) Hang a sign on the track entrance when it is closed for maintenance, kids only, or riding school... etc.
3) Hook for the awesome spode wash
4) Slightly more challenging trails... Don't overdo it though.. this is a family event
5) Re-match race of the Titans
6) Return of the DirtBag band or whatever they called themselves
7) Have a Big ole Barbaque Friday night... Since we are all busy riding... maybe the local firehall or Boyscouts could arrange it for a $5 donation per plate or something. Good PR.
8) GPS challenge... Sounds like a fun event to me.
9) Spare bike for Thump.. No need to go into details here
10) TreeJumper update each morning at the rider's meeting.
11) Keep it simple.... Don't want to be overloading anyone.
Have I spent my 2 cents yet?

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I think a BBQ is a great idea. However, it takes business away from the vendor. Worth looking at and I know a group that would do it.

Top Bottom