Factory Connection Susp. mod's for CRF450

S.FL MX'r

Nov 24, 2000
I had Factory Connection modify my suspension on my CRF, wow what a difference! I am kind of light for the 450, 155 lbs, so I had 45 kg fork springs put in and they re-valved the forks also. The shock was also re-valved with the stock spring. They said to run the sag at 105mm, which I did. I rode it Sunday and it was extremly plush, almost felt to soft, but it didn't bottom so I left it alone. I could hit anything on the track, Jumps, whoops, whatever with new confidence. It corners much better too.

Factory Connection was great. I told them I needed it done before the 27th for a race, they said no problem and did it in a day!! They also asked a lot of questions how I ride, what type of tracks etc..

I called Pro Circuit first and they said just send it in and when I said I needed it by the 27th, they said no way. I also called Tom Morgan Racing and just got a busy signal. :)

nifty450

Nov 12, 2001
S.FL MX,r

What luck... I not only found someone that just used factory connection but you had them revalve your 450f(same bike i,m considering sending to F.C.) A few questions I have for you are, Is this the first suspension job you,ve had done? Also how much time did you put on your 450 before sending the suspension off? And do you honestly believe it improved your lap times. One last question. Did you put much researce into your decision to use F.C.? There are so many suspension companies out there I have a hard time deciding which is best for me. So any feed back you could give me would be ough so appreciated thankyou.

Tom125

Nov 11, 2001
Factory Connection

Have used FC for several of my sons bikes no BS they dont try to sell you a
bunch of crap you dont need. Not the same off the shelf stuff foreveryone
like some companies. Good people Quality service.

S.FL MX'r

Nov 24, 2000
nifty450,
No this is not the first suspension work I have had done. I had Enzo revalve a KX 250 for me before, so I know what custom suspension feels like.

I had 2 races and about 5 practice sessions. The last practice was on a very rough supercross track. When I would push it hard I couldn't keep the bike on the track. We adjusted the suspension a lot that day and it just got worse from where we started.

I do think it improved my lap times. Why because I have more confidence in the corners and over jumps. I raced this weekend at Dade City Raceway on Sunday. I had never even seen the track, I got to walk it and then 4 laps of practice, then the my first race. I am not good at tracks I don't know. I ran 4th for three laps of the 1st moto until I ran off the track, because I didn't think the turn was so tight. I then tried to restart and accidently twisted the throttle, I know better, then I spent a lap trying to start it. The second moto I got a bad start and crashed and got DNF. I reason I ran 4th for as long as I did was because of the confidence in the suspension. It was the 4 Stroke class and there were 18 riders.

The reason I considered Factory Connection is because of the work they do with Honda. I figured that they had seen and torn apart a CRF450 long before other suspension companies, aside from Pro Circuit.

Another thing, a guy I race against got a CRF450 at about the same time I did. We raced on Sunday and I noticed he had Factory Connection do his suspension too. We were talking and he had the identical settings as I did except for the fork springs, his were stock. He said it was still to stiff and he wasn't happy. I told him I had 45kg springs and he wondered why they left 47Kg springs in his bike. He said he weighs about 170 lbs. Maybe he lied about his ability?

Top Bottom