fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Last Saturday we had the first round of the FES in Roselawn, IN. I know the kids had a lot of fun, but I would bet that Jeff Fredette had more fun. One kid fouled a plug, Jeff rode back to the staging area, got a plug and helped the kid change it so he could continue on. The highlight was watching Jeff handout door prizes to the kids - what a great distraction when the scores are be tabulated and the kids are ready for their trophies.

There were 95 participants. I have a copy of the results sheet and most of the names are new, but the Soenksens, Woodwards, Freemans, Wrights, Warners, Smiths and Buxton's all showed up in the standings.

I heard a lot of positive comments from the participants and the club members. I was able to get down there in time to help at two checks (and donate a watch to a participant). Who goes to an enduro and does not bring a watch?

I was talking to a couple of club members. They are thinking of having two family events next year - one in April and one in the Fall when the crops have been harvested.

Round 2 is next weekend in Kalkaska on Saturday (4/29). I hope to see everyone there...either riding or we can always use the help at checks and road crossings.

Please do not forget we will be planting trees on Sunday (4/30). This effort is a partnership between District 14 Enduros and the Michigan DNR. I know there is a hare scrambles in Portland, but these efforts go A LONG WAY in maintaining our relationship with the DNR and some of the politicians.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The route sheet for the Spring Pine Cone should be on the LMC website and Midwestern Enduros by the end of the day. The sponsor logos are being added this morning. If you want a color copy, you will need to print it. We will provide black and white ones on Saturday morning.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Due to the recent (but not unexpected) death of my grandmother, the Smit-Dog clan will not be able to make it this weekend. We were really looking forward to it too... I'm sure it will be a great event!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Sorry to hear that Bill, was looking forward to seeing you and the family.
Don

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Ditto.

Take care and we'll see you back up there in June.

Tim

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Bill & Family - We were looking forward to seeing all of you.

Young Ted & Connie

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Mike, will a pw50 be enough bike {small tires} for the kids course lay out? Also what class & how many miles does a 7yrs old fit in and ride for?...

Does that parents bike need to be enduro legal?

DW

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Bill - sorry to hear about your grandmother. We will be thinking about ya as we ride. Mark and I will be there, along with Comrade Mikhail for his first taste of an enduro. Should be a good time.

F&S - thanks for scheduling this with such beautiful weather! Do you have dust control arranged for? ;)

Top Bottom