aurelio

Dec 10, 2002
I have a CR 500 and it vibrates a bit. I have heard of Pro Taper and other fat type bars, but never thought much of it. Recently someone suggested that I have to go with the Pro Taper type bars. Anyone out there want to share their experiences?

Thanks,
A.J.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
When the Pro Taper first came out people thought they looked like Bullhorns but they worked good and really caught on now there are many different brands and bends .They will help you on that 5honey to lose some vibration . I fill them with cheap household silicone caulk at lessen vibes . Ive broken Pro Tapers before but the bike tumbled so bad and so hard that I was embarrased to send them back . Theyre pretty good .

DAVE C

Dec 21, 2001
Two thumbs up on the pro tapers! I ride a YZ, so I had to get a new top triple clamp b/c I hated the adapters. Now the bars feel great. My suspension feels more reactive due to the design of the bars (because they flex). As for durability, I severely bent a triple clamp and the bars came out unscathed! How is that for durability?!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
The Renthal fat bars that come STOCK on 03 KTM's seem pretty good to me. I think they are much less $$ than pro tapers too.

T_bone_799

Sep 14, 2002
I would go with the Renthal Fat bars, or even the Renthal Twinwalls. My honda used to vibrate like crazy and i would get horrible arm pump. I bought some Renthal 7/8 bars and now the bars don't vibrate anymore than they should and im not getting arm pump anymore.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Dave C: what did you not like about the adaptors? Is the a full triple clamp setup better or is it just your personal opinion? I have the universals to make my bars higher because I'm tall but I have never tried actual aftermarket triple clamps. Is there a difference?

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Oh and I use the Pro Tapers as well. I bent 3 bars b4 switching to Pro Tpers and have several hard crashes and they are still going strong. they have paid for themselves 10 times over.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom