highflyernick

Oct 12, 2004
Hey guys, just looking for some info that I couldn't find exactly in search. I'm looking for some bar options for my 01 KX250, and opted to go with oversized. I know I can just change my bar mounts out for oversized ones, but I'm looking to reduce the little vibration I have, to even less. And I want to try out some different bar posititions. I saw a post about thePro Taper Rubber Mounter Clamps Does anyone have any experiences with these clamps with any type of oversized bar, please share. Also, some other clamps I was looking at are the Pro Taper P3's, RG3, Tag Matrix, Renthal...pretty much any clamp/bar combo reviews would help. Especially if they were on a KX....thanks alot, nick.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Not on a KX but my son ran a normal Vortex O/S clamp/mount kit last year on his RM and this year we went to the 4 post RG3 clamp and rubber mounts and it's a night and day difference according to him. I'd love to try the fasstco Flexx Bars but other things always seem to run a higher priority for my $$$.

highflyernick

Oct 12, 2004
Anybody else have any reviews, mainly on the Pro Taper Rubber Mounted Clamp, and the RG3 Top clamp. Is the RG3 the extra money, or should I just go for the Pro Taper?

MtnManiacX

Apr 16, 2007
I know I'm replying to a post that's years old, but for anyone else looking for some input on this...

On my 1999 YZ125 I had a little bit of arm-pump, which I thought was just the norm. Then I recently purchased a 2007 CRF250R, and I had terrible problems with my hands & wrists. I'd go out for 5-6 laps and have to come in to rest because my arms & hands were so strained. So, to combat this problem, a friend suggested switching to RG3 upper-clamps and a set of Pro-Taper handlebars. I purchased a package deal from Motosport that had the RG3 top-clamp & the Pro-Taper Contour bars.

I was a little skeptical, especially with spending that much money. I had hoped there would be at least a noticable difference so I'd know I didn't waste my money. I just wanted it to be enough of a difference that I wasn't left trying to decide if it was really better or if it was just in my head. The results were quite surprising. What I expected was less arm pump. What I got instead was NO arm pump whatsoever!! I couldn't believe it! I'm not sure which piece helped more, the clamps or the bars, but either way, I went from major problem to zero problem. Even at the end of the day, I could barely tell (from my arms/wrists at least) that I had ridden at all. I even noticed less impact when landing a jump. I had read about that in the reviews before I made the purchase, but really, I hadn't noticed much impact before on landings. Now that I have the new setup, I can definitely tell that it's less jarring when landing.

I used to come in to rest after about 4-6 laps due to arm fatigue. Now I come in to rest after 10-12 laps due to body fatigue (because I'm out of shape). If you are having arm-pump problems, rest assured that going with this setup will make a huuuge difference for you. I was hesitant to spend that kind of cash, but after riding with the new setup only once I'm convinced it was worth every penny. In fact, my friends got a little tired of hearing me constantly rave about how good my hands felt.

Anyway, there you have it. IMO the RG3/Pro-Taper handlebar combo is worth every cent!

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
Great info and thank for sturring up this post. We have similar issues. Just bolted on a set of PT contours but its been raining ever since. We've heard great things about RG3 triple clamps but was strongly considering the Protaper because of it's adjustability. Anyone out there with experience with the Protapers? :whoa:

Top Bottom