mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
Okay, the rear fender pack on my 1994 KDx 200 might not be the coolest thing on the bike, but it saved my butt a few times. It stinks when your in the woods, something breaks on your motorcycle and you don't have the tools to fix a simple problem. My KDX 200 fender tool kit pack has finally seen its last days. I thought of going with a "fanny pack" (hate the name), but don't like the idea of fall off the bike and having the tools between me and the ground. Is there an aftermarket, possibly smaller, fender tool kit pack that is more durable than the KDx stock one? Thanks

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The Dirt Bike Gear fender bags are some of the very best. Much better than strapping weight around your waist. You can also get the inner bag, which I would recommend. Allows you to easily remove all tools for washing the bike.

I had a the DBG "KDX" bag, and it was great. Only wish it were bigger (space is limited on the KDX rear fender though).

tim_from_az

Sep 18, 2003
I looked that the KDX bag from DBG and decided on the Moose bag instead. It was a little bit bigger so I went with it. Because of it's height sometimes it can get it the way so I like the extra room since I carry a lot of tools.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Here's my Moose fender bag

I like it because when you need to work on the bike the pack comes right off, you just unbuckle it

Attachments

• Moose-fenderbag.jpg
    Moose-fenderbag.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 487
  • Tools.jpg
    Tools.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 721

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I rode with a guy last fall who just picked up the same Moose fender pack. About an hour into the ride, his tool bag was "found" on the trail by our sweep rider. Same thing happened about an half hour later. Fortunately someone had some duct tape, and we ended up securing it that way. Seems like the straps would loosen enough that the bag would eventually slide out from under the straps. Could have been operator error, but these were experienced trail riders, and we had 2 Parts Unlimited reps in the group.

I normally like stuff from Moose, and recommend their products, but occasionally they miss the mark. Considering that I rarely have to work on my bike while out on the trail, a secure attachment takes priority over easy access (although with the DBG inner bag, it is easy access).

Just my 2¢...

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I had the same problem but I fixed it with some Velcro :clue:

Yesturday a tree branch or other creature kindly undid one of my straps, I heard something jingling for the last 20 or 30 miles but could not figure out what it was. I did not see it 'til I got back to the truck, good thing I put the Velro on there! :ohmy:

Attachments

• Velcro.jpg
    Velcro.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 379
Top Bottom