jdtractor2020

Aug 28, 2007
ok guys, i believe the vavles need to be seated in my honda 124cc motor, the problem im having is that i re ringed the motor put it all back together and now it aint starting, i have moved the timing to every way it can go and the same thing, its either got no compression, or its got compression but its blowing back out the carb but want crank. So does this sound to yall like it is just the valves need to be seated?? and if they do i heard you couldnt grind these valves like you can a car valve, is this true??

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
a 1981 cr125??????? if so... is the piston installed in the correct direction? the short leg of the skirt goes aft.

D

jdtractor2020

Aug 28, 2007
no its a 4 stroke 1981 honda XL 125s if i put the timing one way which is the marks on the cam straight up and the t on the fly wheel straight up i have no compression, if i put the t straight up and the cam dot pointing straight down at it i have compression but its blowing back out the carb, i was thinking maybe the valves needed to be seated becuase they did have some sharp edges on them, but im unsure if you can grind these valves or not.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
A manual for your bike, which you obviously need to read, will show you how to correctly time the engine.
rtfm.gif

If you are lucky, you may not have damaged anything in the valve train. If you aren't lucky, the valves are probably bent, requiring disassembly of the engine, and replacement of at least the valves. :yikes: And a manual. :nod:

Rotor

Top Bottom