No spark still Honda CR250R with RC valve

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
Hey guys, I've been letting my Honda CR250R sit for over a year since the i rebuilt basically the whole bike. It has a electrosport stator, and after the first start/ride the RC electric power valve stopped working. The bike still ran, but the spark got weaker and weaker until no spark as well. I sent the stator back for another one which they said they personally tested, still no spark. I replaced the coil and spark plug wire, no spark. Bought a spare edu and still nothing, so I went ahead and finally ordered a new rectifier and capacitor, still nothing. The only thing left to replace on the bike is the electric power valve servo itself. The wiring appears pretty clean and the coil pack ground is clean. If the servo motor itself went bad, would this cause no spark as well? I am really frustrated and just want to get it running after all this.... I have a wiring diagram in the manual which I can post a pic of, and it shows some sort of ground going to to the servo motor. Does anyone who knows these RC valve bikes know what could be causing this? I did drop the flywheel during the build (no damage), and it still has a ton of magnetism. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

1jrjt2.png

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
You can test the stator measuring the out put with a normal tester.
The connectors which lead to the coil; at the plus you should be able to read some incoming voltaje. Won't be much but if the stator works you should see roughly one (1) volt.

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
If the stator tests fine, where do I take it from there seeing basically the entire ignition system is new? I also tried to disconnect the kill switch incase that was the issue. I really need to know if the RC valve servo motor was bad, would it cause a no spark issue as well. It's odd first the RC electric power valve stopped working, then it stopped getting spark. This is the second stator from electrosport and the guy said they personally tested it to make sure it worked.

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
I have two coils, one oem and an aftermarket i've tried. Even have a spare ecu. I have heard of a "green wire" issue on the wiring harness, but can't find the info anymore.

Top Bottom