YZrider250

May 17, 2006
I just got my suspension rebuilt. Tomarrow I am going to take it out, and get it dialed in (I'm going to try atleast, I have never done it by myself). First off, I know the clickers at the top of the forks control the compression, but the rebound is controlled by the adjusters at the bottom of the forks right?

Also, there is a sticker that says the compression and rebound are 9 clicks out from full hard. Obviously, since its bottoming out bad, I'm going to try and adjust it so that there is more compression as to make it harder. So, my other question is, could a big difference be had somewhere in those 9 clicks? Because right now it bottoms so bad I'm barely able to keep the bike up after I land.

And my last question is, do I have to adjust the rebound with the compression clickers? In other words, if I go two clicks hard on the compression, then do I have to go two clicks on the rebound as well, or can I adjust that as its needed?

If there is anything else that I should know, then please share

kawamaha

Mar 16, 2005
compared to the rebound (at the bottom) the compression clickers have only a small effect. you can turn the comression all the way in but i don't think it's enough to prevent bottoming. it would be better to add some oil in the outer chamber (see the manual for max. volume).

you need not adjust the rebound when you change the compression :ride:

Top Bottom