Fighting for change in Madera County Ordinance

listman

Feb 16, 2007
I got a visit from the law yesterday and they told me I couldn't ride on my own land. I know this isn't uncommon but the law is stupid. I have friends that have 5 acres even 10 acres that cant ride on their property. I'm going to be writing something up to amend the ordinance and will need any support I can get. If you live near Madera County California and would like to be notified of any of the public hearings that are sure to come of this please let me know. I work for an engineering company and know everything I need to know about zoning and zoning ordinance. I even have a few friends left in the Madera county road dept. If anyone can help please let me know. I'll try to get the amendment written up in a week or so and will post here for everyone to give advice.
Thanks and wish me luck.

Last edited:

alteru

Mar 25, 2007
frustrated with the MAN...

Good luck Listman, it was fun riding at your place while it lasted. I'll do anything I can to help in your efforts to change the law.

Alteru.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
The hearings where they decide what you can do with your land are rarely public and are often led by non-elected commissions like the Coastal Comission. They have no interest in what you think/want.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
I dont think you alone whould get it removed. You would have to get a bunch of dirt bikers and supporters of the sport to sign a wavier or something.. Make everyone write a letter...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom