2001 250XC WITH 300 JUG!
16OZ FLYWHEEL WEIGHT
1/4 REED SPACER

FAST FAST GAS GAS:D

BGDAWG

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Gee i wish I was as lucky as you! I had to replace my headlight! Darn trees!:confused:

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
Bgdawg,

I'm kicking the 300 conversion idea around. I know you once told me the powervalve parts are the same. The head is different though, right? So a cylinder, head, and piston kit should do it. I have a reed spacer. Thanks.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Hmmm

Headlight, pipe, side panel, fork boots and that darned voltage regulator.

Glenn - I'm interested in doing the 300 conversion also. Let me know how it goes.

ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
I am very disappointed with my XC200. After 4 months of racing, my tires are bald! What kind of crap is that?!

Seriously, my plastic will be shot by next season, the fuel filter broke apart, I lost a chain roller, I am replacing the rub plates and chain roller on the chain guide, broke the kickstand mount, and slightly tweaked my front rotor. The left radiator even survived being bent back about 4 inches and subsequently being straigtened with my foot!

My fork tubes also came in contact with the frame rails (should have checked those steering stops more carefully) and put a small dimple in the frame. Amazingly, the fork tubes survived unscathed.

In addition, the stock heavy duty tubes have survived 3 tire changes and my air filter door has never popped open.

All in all, the bike has proven to be very reliable and the replacement parts I have needed have always been in stock (thank you Smackover!).

Last edited:

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by ultrachrome
I My fork tubes also came in contact with the frame rails (should have checked those steering stops more carefully) and put a small dimple in the frame. Amazingly, the fork tubes survived unscathed.

Thats a normal Gas Gas feature, SMS's hint for that is to buy a couple extra headlight straps and put them over the tubes to protect the frame.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Offroadr
Thats a normal Gas Gas feature, SMS's hint for that is to buy a couple extra headlight straps and put them over the tubes to protect the frame.

Now you tell me! :scream:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I just got my new tire yesterday. I also am replacing the Kickstarter paw. It was hanging about every 10 kicks. Whats bad is now that I have the new part it hasn't done it again.:think

ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
That's kind of like my radiator. I ordered a new one and when I went to change it, I couldn't find my 14mm socket to remove the radiator guards. So I straightened it with my foot and no leaks.

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
I dissagree, I've had to replace numerous parts in the 11 months since I bought my EC200.

1 front fender
1 rear fender
1 radiator shroud
1 airbox

I think I have a lemon:eek:

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by LongTime
DaaaaaaaaYuummmmmmmm!!!!! Now you guys make me wish I'd have bought that GG300 . . . . . oh wait, I did! :cool: :cool:

Your a smart feller LongTime! :) :confused:

It took me 2 GasGas's to get it right :)

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
GP

Bgdawg,

No kidding, head is the same? I would think the squish area would be a problem. Thats really cool, I just might do it this winter. I priced the cylinder from Jim at SMS a while back and it was suprisingly fair.

All original GG parts I've had to replace (not optional mods or accessories), after almost 2 seasons:

countershaft sprocket
front pipe mount
shifter tip
clutch master piston kit
piston rings (were still in spec)

People are starting to figure out that the bikes are serious. At the ECEA Michaux Enduro yesterday, there were many more GGs than in the past. Even some older ones in great shape, which is good to see if you have to keep a bike a few years.

Top Bottom