yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
I hope each and every one of you are safe from the fires, luckily we are out of harms way, but our cabin in Big Bear may be an issue if the San Bernadino fire keeps spreading. A close friend lost his cabin in crestline from the fire. Everyone will be in my prayers.
Jeff

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Pretty crazy here in Santa Clarita too. My house is covered in ash. I am about 2 miles from Stevenson Ranch and it looks like its snowing outside. Man have I got some cleaning to do.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
wow, kelsorat I didn't know you were so close to the fire, and I didn't know you live in Valencia, where about do you live? I've been on the picket line every night of the fire, it's making my eyes burn and I wake up with a sore throat. I'm picketing at Pavilions.

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
If any one needs any help, please let us know.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Thanks Jack. YZ250roost I live across from COC. The fire would have to cross I5 to make it over to my house, but now I know how these things spread. I found a couple of charcoal ashes that somehow got airborne and landed in my backyard.

drBill

Dec 2, 2001
Spot fires flaring up around silverwood now. (1:00 Wed.) Also some reported around Hesperia. Looks like we're loosing even more riding areas. :-(

Also, I saw a report that the Stevenson Ranch area fire jumped the 5 at Calgrove. Uhhhg.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
We can probably kiss the Arrowhead/Big Bear rides good-bye for the next couple of years. Looks like I'll have to start planning now for July 4th at Kennedy Meadows.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
Glad to hear everything is clearing up, this weather is a blessing too, everything is damp here. Hey Kelso, what kinda vehicle do you drive around? I've got a white 91 Chevy full size truck, 3" lift in the front, with a big YAMAHA sticker on the windshield, it's the only one like that in Santa Clarita, so if you see it around you'll know who it is.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I'll keep my eyes open. I drive a 4runner, so you never distinguish me from the other thousands with the same vehicle.

Top Bottom