Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm having a face cord delivered to DW, for everyone to use. Obviously, it's not unlimited so everyone be cool with it ?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Okie, give me a price on that and maybe I can match it.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
For the sake of conservation I will 'grudgingly' agree to try to cook on a camp stove (EEK) as much as humanly possible and even not have my own campfire (ie - huge bonfire) every night if Okie will agree to let me help tend the main DRN fire. Just let me light it and throw some logs on it once in awhile ok :)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by TTRGuy
if Okie will agree to let me help tend the main DRN fire. Just let me light it and throw some logs on it once in awhile ok :)
first question- Do you use the liquid boyscout method to light and how many gallons does it take each time:scream: ?

Actually I demand equal time to play with the fire:p

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
No chemicals involved unless everything is very wet. Then its 'katy bar the door' and I can guarantee a big fire every time. Normally even then its waxwood or something similar before the big guns are brought out :) When done right, its kindling followed by either a teepee or a pyramid - kinda depends on how high you want the flames :) No worries Okie - We just have to keep all the 'Good Guys' gang from KS away from it! They couldn't burn a can of nepalm with a flamethrower :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Hey TTRGuy,
One time, as a Junior member of the volunteer fire dept. on a burning detail, I applied aprox 2.5 gallons of gas to a brush pile before striking a match.:scream: The ground was scorched up to 15 feet away from the pile in all directions and we all got to see what a mushroom cloud looked like!:eek:
Think maybe I could be a fire captain or sumthin'? Y'know second in command should you need assistance.:)

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Well, I may not be able to attend but atleast I'll be able to see the fire light up the sky at night!
It's only 250/300 miles from my house, may see the flames:p

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
PapaKeith: Sure you can be on the fire team but ya gotta learn a couple things first butterfly! :) Gas is one of the worst things to start a fire with. First the fumes usually light first so the thing goes POOF before you get the match even close a lot of the time. I have seen people throw lit cigs into buckets of gas and it not even ignite. Second, gas evaporates or burns way too fast. Old coleman fuel is an excellent choice if your going to use chemicals but I prefer 'fatwood' or something like that if a simple match and kindling won't do it. Now if you are planning on cooking with a fire there are some very special rules that must be followed in order to keep our tri-tip from tasting like chemicals and NOT having little bits of burnt paper stuck to it :)

Top Bottom