JMann2380

Jun 4, 2007
I have ridden quads all my life and currently have a modded Bombardier DS650. Me and my riding buddies travel all over riding fast trails in Pennsylvania and dunes in Michigan, Oklahoma, and Idaho. I rode my buddies DRZ400E at Little Sahara dunes for Easter around in a flat area and it triggered something. Then for Memorial day I rode it at Allegheny Forest for a couple hours and fell in love. I took it slow but I got more comfortable and finally did one of the trail loops on it.

In all my years riding quads I never gave a second look to dirt bikes but now I am hooked. I think it has something to do with a challenge, whereas quads are easy and I feel completely comfortable on them. That being said I want to get my first bike, heres some info, just looking for some advice. Thanks!

1) 5'8"; 330 pounds (I know, I am working on it.. I am big boned)
2) I ride my quad very aggressively but am sure I will start slow on a bike.
3) It will be ridden on fast trails, fire roads, some dunes, and hopefully on the street to work.
4) Just a couple hours experience riding the DRZ400 I mentioned.
5) No racing for me.
6) I will do all the maintenance and work myself.
7) No preference on brand or kind. I like the weight of the 2 strokes as the DRZ felt heavy, but want to get it plated and would like electric start.
8) I have many dealers around me covering all brands.
9) I would like to stay around $2000, but would go up to $3000.
10) I live in Northeast Ohio.
11) 27 years old.
12) I learn quick...

JMann2380

Jun 4, 2007
Oh, 2 more things. I have short legs, the DRZ was about the maximum seat height I would want and if it had the proper suspension for my weight, it would probably be too tall. Also the power of the DRZ wasn't too much at all, but I was lugging it around too, although I did get it into 4th and 5th on the straights.

May 10, 2007
i would try an older 125 2 stroke

i know electric start is good but a good ole kickstart is something that rarely fails

at ur price you could get a 125 that is only a couple years old (maybe 2or3)

Top Bottom