hank926

May 3, 2007
Hi,

I have the opportunity to buy a 1996 Honda XR80 for a good price, but I'm not sure if the bike itself is big enough, I'm 5'11" 150lbs. I'm not racing or anything with it just using it to cruise around through some trails. Also I have no riding expeirence. Is there a way to measure what size bike you need for your hight/weight?, because all of the bikes that i've been looking at seem kind of small, like the CR125.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
No i dont thin it would be that good. It is small. Yeah it would be fun to mess around with with some friends in a pakring lot or in yor back yard or somthing. But it wouldent be good for the trails and stuff like that.

Do what 2 strokes for life said. look ita a XR250 if you want an XR

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
An XR80 is a kid's bike. My experience is that full size adults messing around on a kid's bike is an accident waiting to happen. Too much weight for the suspension plus the center of the rider's weight is too high for the wheel base which results in a lot of trips over the handlebars.

It won't be good for you, and it won't be too easy on the bike either. Spend your money on a full size bike, you will be much happier in the long run. Besides, my observation is that the kid size bikes generally fetch a premium price, you could probably buy a full size bike for less money.

Rod

Top Bottom