aaron7e7

Jul 5, 2006
Well i just got a 99 cr250 and i took it out for the first time today.. at first it took me a while to get used to the power but after a while i thought i was alright. But coming off the front side of a table top (i was just riding on top of it) i accidentally hit the powerband as i came off the top, this threw my front up and my back slid out to the side, and i went sidding across the dirt. after i got up i went back riding on some hills and almost wheelied over again.. i try to keep my weight in the front but the wheel still comes off the ground (it wasnt a very steep hill at all) does anyone have suggestions for how i can get this under control?
Thanks

Jul 24, 2006
Yes be more careful!! lol its all throttle controle I had a problem with it also with my 99 sx250 i just hardly toucher the throttle and off i go on my azz but after a while i learned to controle the throttle and the front end a little better though i cant keep it on the ground i can atleast manage it better

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
With more practice, you will start moving yourbody around on the bike in anticipation of what it going to happen rather than after the fact in reaction to it. Right now, you hit the gas, get thrown backwards, and fight to regain control and get forward. With practice, you will start to move forward *as* you roll on the throttle.

BTW, you will be surprised how far forward you should be when on the gas and how far back you should be when on the brakes.

Top Bottom