ammomac

Nov 19, 2001
OK, got the pipe and silencer on, got the new Boysen reeds in, got the new jets in on a brand new 220r.

Turn the fuel on, pull the choke, and it fires on the second kick and runs smoothly.

While I'm letting it warm up I notice it is pissing out fuel from the float bowl tube.

It only does it sporadically and only when the motor is running.

Am I correct in assuming that if the floats got out of line and hung up (not moving freely) that it would still piss out the fuel even when not running?

I'm thinking that the float level is now out of adjustment. Set too high. Sound right?

If so, is it just from handling the carb upside down, or from pulling the bowl to get to the jets, or... ?

Thanks in advance

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
It does sound like the floats are too high. I can't imagine the needle/seat being bad on a new bike, but I guess anything's possible :think: . Make sure there is no sand/dirt in the seat, & the floats are not hanging up. Just from my experiences with my '95 200 w/ 35mm carb, even when fuel level is correct (set with fuel level gauge) it still pisses at idle and when engine is off when on the sidestand, so I lowered the level a few mm and jetted to that. No more problem. I have no experience with the 220 though :ugg: . Hope this helps!
Mike

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
If it was fine before, I'd guess something got tweaked in the put-together.

Spec is 16mm..basically having the mold line on the floats parallel to the carb body when the needle JUST seats (make sure you don't depress the springloaded pin).

I set mine as kdxtaz did...a bit lower than spec. Stops the peeing.

Oh, yes you are correct..something out of line/hung up and it would pee even not running (petcock left on).

ammomac

Nov 19, 2001
thanks for the replies, I'll pull it back off and double check every thing.

That's one of the things I really like about the KDX, the carb is EASY to pull. ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom