1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
Hey guys after numerous months and posts I still couldn't figure out why my bike bogs and runs so crappy. I realized my floats fell out when I had the carb apart awhile ago, and after doing some research last night I realized how important the float level is. The Seat and needle appear to be in good condition, but when trying to set the level it just doesnt seem right. My floats look different then all the pics of the keihin pwk 38mm's I've seen, but the bike used to run okay with this setup when I first got it. How important is the exact float level? I've tried to dial it in using numerous great articles I found online but it still runs like crap... Is it possible jets wear over time? I'm sure the previous owner had it dialed in pretty well as it was him race bike for loretta lynn's.

2001 Suzuki RM 250: ported head, fmf fatty, vforce delta reeds, brand new wiseco piston and all top/bottom end seals.
Stock N3WK needle, 160 main, and I cant find any numbers on the pilot?

akagalford

Jul 1, 2010
In general the float level can be quite important from what I understand and manuals typically recommend you have it set to with in +/-1 mm of the recommended setting. I found with my bike the carb had not been serviced in several years and when I tore it down I found the float was completely out of alignment just from bouncing around or just sitting two long, not sure which is true but once I reset it to the proper setting it took off like a rocket.

Top Bottom