Kazoo

Jul 22, 2002
Improper float will result in what appears as bad jetting. When you take the carb apart to clean it and check it out, a common problem is the float needle tip: make sure it isn't worn or damaged.

CylinderStay

May 18, 2001
The reason I ask is I can't seem to get the jetting on my bike right. I have an 02' KX250 that I run a mix of 40:1. At first it sputtered at the low end (1/4 throttle), hit hard in the middle, then sputtered top side. I dropped the main jet one size which took care of the top end sputter. I dropped the pilot jet one size also and moved the clip position to the leanest position. It fixed most of the sputtering except for the very low end. I have a smaller needle (one size) that I was going to try next, along with a hotter plug. But I'm begining to think it's not jetting. The plug looks good after a jetting test, but the bike spews out a lot of spooge. After my last ride (around 3 hours), the swing arm, caliper, fender; pretty much everything back there was splattered good.

I hear other bikes that sound smooth when the power is "rolled on". Mine will sputter then hit hard. I guess I'm a little frustrated at this point. I'm looking for any ideas on what to check. I don't like anyone but me working on my bikes, so I'd like to figure this out for myself! :think:

Thanks in advance! :aj:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom