THORmx_nucca

Apr 15, 2007
I'm planning on getting the FMF FATTY pipe and FMF POWERCORE 2 SHORTY silencer for my '05 CR125R

But before I do that, I want some personal input.
Like.. Did you feel a significant increase in horsepower/speed etc.
Anything else that you noticed.

And just wondering.. Does the Silencer actually make it a lot more silent? Because I love the high-pitched screams and shrieks my CR makes.. :)

2smokers

Mar 25, 2006
Man I put a fattty/shorty on my rm125 and it defenitly does not make it silent, lol. I had the pipe on first with the stock silencer and it changed the power quite a bit. I noticed more bottom end for sure and the pipe made the whole powerband very snappy but not a real hard hit, just power everywhere. When I put the shorty on with the fatty it made the bike super rich. So be prepared to jet leaner to get the power out of what the fatty/shorty have to offer.

Nov 16, 2006
I have the same setup on my 98 cr never drove with the stock pipe was on the bike when i bought it. And its not the quietest thing its loud I was a few miles from my buddys and he could hear me plain as day. Slincers on motosports usually dont make things quiter it usually gives it a different tone or makes it louder

Oldman125

Jul 1, 2006
The Fatty pipe and Shorty silencer are designed to give more low to mid power. I have a Shorty on my 125SX, it is a little louder but in a barky kind of way and it makes more low/mid power as advertised. I had a KX250 and used the Fatty/Power Core combo with more power everywhere...that bike rocked.

Top Bottom