detroit

Mar 30, 2002
I purchased an fmf desertgnarlyrevetc.etc. as soon as I bought my 2000kdx2000(used) the fit of the top mounting tab on the pipe was about 1/2 inch too low and 1/2 too far inboard. some backyard engineering(elongation of both bolt holes) was needed and also a trip to the fastener shop for a longer bolt and abunch(8) of small washers. I didnt have the patience to fabricate a spacer/bushing so its on but I dont feel happy. The performance is good.anyone else having this kind of fun. I heard ProCircuit has their s*** together. there,I am done venting. :whiner:

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
Unfortunately I have heard a lot of this from people who have bought FMF products lately. All of this negative feedback has soured my opinion of them. There is no reason that this many people are having so many problems getting expensive items to fit correctly.

mprest4

Nov 14, 2001
yep, exact same thing happened to me. i also have a little rust on my nickel pipe. how do you like that. i will buy PC next time.

jeffw

Nov 27, 2001
Mine is a woods pipe but my flanges were off a bit too. I was able to "make" mine fit by loosening the stock attachment hardware and using the flex of the rubber vibration isolaters to get the pipe flange mounts holes over the bolts. My isolaters are now kinda twisted but show no sign of tearing loose.

MassKDX

Dec 11, 2001
My brothers FMF pipe bolted on with out any problems on his KDX220. He bought the KG-35.

My PC pipe and silencer bolted on with no problems for my KDX200.

You may have got a slightly angled one from the FMF factory??

stinx

Jul 25, 2000
I have a 02 KDX 200. I just put a FMf pipe and turbine core 2 on the bike. The mountaing holes on the pipe ans silencer where off by about half a inch. I had to bend,bang and twist thing in order to make it work. Needles to say I wont be bying fmf again

rvguy

May 31, 2002
I bought an FMF Gnarly Woods two weeks ago. When I tried installing it, I found that the pipe inlet was 5/16 of an inch off. No way in hell I'd get that pipe on without a BFH! When I call FMF tech assistance, he said that he has never heard of a pipe not fitting........

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
The worst is their customer service. They act as if their sh_t doesn't stink. I have had the same problems of having to MAKE the fmf product fit my application. No more though. My PC pipe was les $$ and bolted right up.
Lew

detroit

Mar 30, 2002
thanks everyone I feel better knowing I am not the only one cursing my new FMF pipe.I have always bought ProCircuit in the past but thought I would try an FMF pipe since the bike had a turbinecore11 on it with the stock pipe when I bought it. now, regrettably I have all fmf exhaust... and I thought I was doing the noble thing.Now all I have is the shoulda woulda coulda's. Oh well Pro Circuit forever on! (oh yea, Go Wings#1)

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
the knarly woods pipe i put on my 00 kdx fit perfect
but my silencer i had to leave one of my rubbers out on
the bottom bracket

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I have had no problems w/FMF's fit.. I have noticed a little rust though.. Any ideas how too get rid of it?? Buying a PC exhaust is out of the question HAHA
Thanks,
Rick

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom