milk5227

Apr 17, 2002
Has anyone tried the FMF Q-Silencer on the 2002 CRF450? Noise is an issue where I ride and am contemplating the Q. Just wondered if it chokes off the power. My riding consists of mainly woods riding to practice for hare scrambles in Florida. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
The Q is the way to go for quiet power. I road with mine in your neck of the woods a couple of months ago. In conjuction with the power bomb header power mimmics stock with just a bit more off the bottom. I does take some time to get used to the muffled sound being emitted. Sounds as if its not pulling but keeps churning to the upper revs. Good pipe....and I don't like pipe companies. They are a bunch of snake oil salesmen. In this case quiet power is good!!!

yota

Oct 9, 2001
We rode with some guys from out of state a few months back at Croom. One of them had a 450 and a Q pipe which he put on for the 2nd ride. Not noticibly (sp?) quieter and he didn't like what it did to the powerband. Just my 2 cents.

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
The Q alone doesn't perk the bike up. When used in conjunction with the powerbomb header it ran well. Less noise too. Most of the pipe combos don't make any more power they just move it around. The louder the pipe the more the public seems to think it does. Stock is still about the best and the Q is just more quiet with a spark arrestor.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Road with a fellow two weeks ago in Moab,

He had the Q on his 450, he said he was happy with it, he had no problems keeping up with the fast guys.

In my opinion the Q was "KTM" quiet. Meaning it was MUCHO quieter than a Yamaha and pretty easy on the ears.

Rod

Eric82930

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
I have found the "q" without the header pipe is a little weaker than stock at low rpms but as good as or better than stock at high rpms. This combo is less tiring in the woods and has tought me to ride it like a 2smoke. When I need it to really go I just clutch it to get the rpms up quick. I ride at higher elevations so I think this trait is a little more noticable than at sea level. I love how quiet it is. I may add the header later if it helps the low end.

Top Bottom