FMF Silencer Installation

davidrose_98

May 23, 2002
I bought a turbine core II silencer from e-bay last year and am just getting to installing it now since I just got my pipe. In the instructions for the pipe it says to use the standard mounting hardware for the pipe and silencer, but my silencer has a large rubber grommett on the rear mounting hole which is at least a half inch thick and the bolts don't fit through. The forward mounting hole does not have this grommett. Since I bought the silencer used I don't have any instructions that came with it so I don't know if I should have more mounting hardware. Also the mounting holes for the silencer seem pretty large, a lot larger than the bolts that are on the bike, should I get some fender washers for them.

Thanks,
Nate

davidrose_98

May 23, 2002
I also have some pics that I can e-mail somebody to better describe what I am talking about

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I just put a turbine core II on my KDX220 along with a FMF pipe. There is a metal spacer for the rear mount. It is half inch thick aluminum. The bolt is one of those that blends onto a round washer surface so an additional washer isn't needed. That is attached using a nylock nut. Very clean and simple without alot of washers and spacers. I can't think of anything off hand that would substitute for the spacer unless you use a larger nut or two and slip the bolt through the silencer, then the oversized nuts, then the frame member before attaching with the nylock nut. Good luck!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…