Jan 14, 2005
Hi all- I have a 2002 ttr125L and I have a leak coming from the shifter. How hard is it to change the seal(I'm assuming it is a seal of some kind), and how far will I have to tear down? :bang:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Not very far, pull off the shifter and linkage, then pop out the seal. A small screwdriver should do it. Then tap the new one in. Be sure to grease the new seal before you put it in. Hope that helps, YZ165

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I'm not sure about the TTR, but most of the bikes I've had apart will require you to take off the right side cover, and likely take out the clutch so you can slide the shifter shaft out the right side of the motor after you have taken the shifter lever off the left side.

Jan 14, 2005
New Guy

Thanks for the replies. I am new to this site and I've been riding atc/atv since I was a 5 or 6. I have switched to bikes within the past few years. Rode them growing up, but bought my first bike in 2002. I live in north San Diego county and I ride mainly in Ocotillo Wells and I love it there. It is a few hour ride but well worth it. I also have a friend that owns a couple hundred acres in Baja about 2 hours south of Ensenada. We have been trying to get out there and check it out. His family has land in Ensenada as well and we have ridden down there. That is a blast- We were riding through herds of sheep, wild horses, rabid dogs- you name it. We also rode on some of the streets in town and all the kids were chasing us and yelling at us like we were rock stars.
:uh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom