Fog Free Goggles for people who wear glasses

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
HI,
I can't keep my eyes from watering at high speeds without eye coverage... I tried an old pair of large lensed glasses, but I was wanting to know what people reccomended for goggles that won't fog up, and has enough room to allow my glass to fit inside without smashing my glasses against my face?

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
scott otg goggles are the only ones i have found that dont fog up and dont push on my glasses, they work great.

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
the turbo ( Smith ?) with the fan in them are super - if you start to fog up, just bang the button and they clear right up

Bizerk

Feb 28, 2004
I have some O'Neil goggles that work great with my glasses...can't remember which model they are right at the moment...something like the "A" frames...hhhmmm... :think:

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I've got the Smith Turbos

They work great!

They have a low fan speed for normal use and a high speed for clearing the lense of fog

When I find myself in some nasty tight single track I reach up and switch it on High!

The batteries seem to last forever...

I bought mine at Chaparral, they were $84 but well worth it!

TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
Currently I wear a pair of mountain bike sunglasses where my optician (correct word?) installed a pair of correction lenses, but that gives me the eye-watering-problem at higher speeds due to air turbulences, I think.
Do these Smith Turbo goggles do away with fogging the glasses, too?
I never had problems with fogged goggles but my glasses which I wore below fogged heavily. That's why I went the modified-sunglass-route.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
TM-Frank said:
Do these Smith Turbo goggles do away with fogging the glasses, too?

Yeah, I should have stated that. My goggles never fog up, just my glasses.

Also I switched to a roomier helmet, the face guard on my Bell touched my chin (I have a big Head)

So I bought a M2R helmet that gives me about an inch or so more clearance, my theory was that with the M2R my breath had more places to escape than with the Bell and it has worked so far

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Scott makes a pair of over the glasses goggles, maybe model 89OTG?. they also make a version of the no-sweat goggles OTG, which I really like.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
My son wears glasses and used to have a problem with fogging too. I bought him some Scott model 87 OTG (over the glasses) goggles with a fog proof lens. No more problem. The Scott's have almost twice as much room behind the lens for glasses. I am sure other manufacturers make goggles for glasses too.

If you get them from Dennis Kirk, they come with a clear fog free lense.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/searc...VQQY5FVPLA0WTKSM4VMDK0NKIV0?_requestid=266922

Hope this helps, Steve.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Before Lasik, my favorite word was "Qwik-Strap". As soon as you pop the goggles off, your glasses de-fog very quickly. And you barely have to slow down to re-attach the goggles.

If you have shatterproof lenses on your glasses, you eyes are still protected from roost and branches while the goggles are hanging by the strap.

Removing the the foam from the top of the goggle frame will improve air circulation and reduce fogging. Keep a pair of goggles with some foam removed for wet rides with no dust but lots of 'fog'.

Top Bottom