For All You Aqua Teen Hunger Force Fans...

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I think they should reimburse the city for all the commotion their (short-sighted) PR stunt caused. Thanks for waisting our tax dollars for YOUR free publicity.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
76GMC1500 said:
Nobody should have to reimburse anybody. You probably never would have thought a sign would be interpreted as a bomb.

Highways, bridges and a section of the Charles River were shut down and bomb squads were sent in before authorities declared the devices were harmless.

Seems plenty of folks thought they could possibly be a bomb so regardless of what the marketing "geniuses" thought they should be responsible for a poorly executed plan.

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
I think maybe the cops were bored. lol The report I saw on TV, said that the cops determined it was a harmless sign, and then attached an explosive device and blew it up anyway.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
76GMC1500 said:
It was good training.
Actually a good training exercise would be planned and held in a controlled environment so it could be analyzed and the risk to both police and public would be minimized.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
It sure did cause a ruckus - my company has a job right on the water in Boston, and the Project Manager couldn't even get into the city yesterday to go to the jobsite.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Yes, police were called to blow-up and destroy strategically placed Light-Brite toys. Way to go Boston Police.

Much to do, about nothing.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
Typical Massholes, gettin' all excited over a lite-brite. Looks like Beantown's bomb identifying skills are as good as their tunnel building skills. :laugh:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
A woman lost her life in that tunnel and this is funny to you?

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
Okiewan said:
I think they should reimburse the city for all the commotion their (short-sighted) PR stunt caused. Thanks for waisting our tax dollars for YOUR free publicity.

Philly is sending them a bill....

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
CaptainObvious said:
Yes, police were called to blow-up and destroy strategically placed Light-Brite toys. Way to go Boston Police.

Yea the other 10 cities probably didn't even notice they were there..

squeaky said:
A woman lost her life in that tunnel and this is funny to you?

I didn't here about that? Proof??

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
dklink2000 said:
In Boston???

Yeah - when one of the ceiling grid pieces fell and crushed her to her death in her car. I can't seem to find an archived article about it, but here's a quote out of one article I found...

"The $14.6 billion project's Operations Control Center, where people hired to spot problems in the system work, has also lost power twice since the July 10 accident in which a falling ceiling panel killed 39-year-old Milena Del Valle."

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
squeaky said:
Yeah - when one of the ceiling grid pieces fell and crushed her to her death in her car. I can't seem to find an archived article about it, but here's a quote out of one article I found...

"The $14.6 billion project's Operations Control Center, where people hired to spot problems in the system work, has also lost power twice since the July 10 accident in which a falling ceiling panel killed 39-year-old Milena Del Valle."
isn't this the project known as "The Big Dig"?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Sure is...

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
AP -Boston officials, livid about a publicity campaign that had disrupted the city by stirring fears of terrorism, vowed to prosecute those responsible and seek restitution.

Officials found a slew of blinking electronic signs adorning bridges and other high-profile spots across the city Wednesday, prompting the closing of a highway and the deployment of bomb squads.

"It is outrageous, in a post 9/11 world, that a company would use this type of marketing scheme," Mayor Thomas Menino said. "I am prepared to take any and all legal action against Turner Broadcasting and its affiliates for any and all expenses incurred during the response to today's incidents."

Yes, terrorist bombs are usually well lit so everyone can find them. What a bunch or buffoons.

rohleder149

Oct 11, 2006
i like the show...it's funny
very irresponsible on their part though. they have to be able to foresee any potential problems, i.e. people seing these devices as bombs. they have to take responsibility for themselves whether or not they meant any harm.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Yes, terrorist bombs are usually well lit so everyone can find them. What a bunch or buffoons.
Sad thing is that the man is so uptight that this happened at all. Terrorists all over the world are doing the old ROFLMAO.

No such thing as common sense anymore.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
I thought it was a bit ridiculous myself. Why didn't they just examine one of these 'Atari football players' and determine there was no danger before shutting down the city. If the city of Boston can prosecute or recover damages for this, no advertising agency is safe as any sign could be misinterpreted as a bomb.

Top Bottom