Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
I spoke with American Dream Vacations, and I was able to set up the same deal from last year ... if you want to return your RV on Sunday... for a $50 charge per RV, they will open for us from 8:00-10:00am. Normally, they are closed on Sundays, but they are willing to accomodate our needs since we had quite a few of us renting from them last year.They are a great outfit and have done right by myself and Okie the last few years.

There are still RVs available, so if you are interested, heres the Website...www.txrvrent.com. Click on the state you want to rent from and you are set!. When you call to reserve a RV, ask for Steve or Rod. Let him know that you are with Dirtrider.net and they will set you up!
Happy trails!!

Last edited:

Grissom29

N. Texas SP
Jan 3, 2004
I call them today and found that their smallest unit is about 80 bones per night. I don't really want to stay in a motel, but this is too much for just me by myself. Are there any other options besides a tent and sleep on the ground?

Jason

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yes Grissom29 try to hook up with another DRN'er that's going and half the cost. Seeing that you are from Texas your odds are pretty good in finding somebody to drive up with and rent an RV with as we tend to have the highest turnout. Last year my buddy DougRoost and I shared and even had another buddy spend one night with us and none of us ended up wanting to kill the others. It's a great way to make some new friends and riding buddies too! Also you might want to get with TEeds on joining in on Camp Tejas.

Grissom29

N. Texas SP
Jan 3, 2004
If that's the only way to stay there and not sleep on the ground, then I'd definately like to split one of these things with someone. If anyone is interested I'm open to discussing it.

I've heard about Camp Tejas but need to get more info. I'll hit up Tony for the info.

Jason

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Grissom29 said:
I've heard about Camp Tejas but need to get more info. I'll hit up Tony for the info.

Jason

Camp Tejas will be live and well this year. I had a request to bring the 20x20 for a garage area last year. I may do it because the bikes eat up a bunch of space. We'll see. My big concern is that we are losing our chef for this round :( so no maxi grill/mega good cooking. I am going to see if I can borrow a "BIG" grill from a friend for the week. If not our meals will be a little lower key than last year. I may have to dust off my Boy Scout campfire cooking skills from yesteryear. Of course I could just buy a case of Captain Morgan and hope for the best :)

Regarding sleeping arrangements ... a cot, a sleeping bag and a tarp works well. Year before last it was a bit warm, last year a bit cool ... it averages out. Bugs are not a problem and the showers will be next door so I can watch them.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Tony I think the chef at the SX did quite well! We might need to get the boy some real cookin' tools though :laugh:

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
how do you guys work this out? trailer the bikes to the track and drop off then out to pickup the trailer from ADV rentals? (trailer looks to be about 1/2 price of an RV). Do they have Saturday Dropoff as i will need to be on the road before 6am on Sunday.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Tony Eeds said:
...the showers will be next door so I can watch them.
I knew I felt eyes on me last year but I thought it was Zio! So what'd ya think of my form Tony? :yikes:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
tnrider the RV place is in OKC about an hour south of Stillwater/Cooperland. They take about 45 minutes to check you back in when you drop a unit off and I think they open up around 8am. Last year DougRoost and I loaded my truck with 3 bikes and all the gear we could with the tailgate down using the bed-extender. When we picked up the trailer we put a bunch of stuff in it so we could close the tailgate and hook up the trailer to continue north towards Mecca, err I mean Cooperland. We did the same thing going home. We did need to flat the tires on his KTM to get the tailgate cloased but they needed frsh air anyway. I believe they might offer a service to drop off and pick up the units at Cooperland but it's not real cheap.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
They are open for returns on Saturday, call though to confirm. As mentioned above, we can also return on Sunday for a $50 (cash only for the guys checking them in) service fee (they are normally closed on Sunday).

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Just wanted to bump this up... The original name I gave was Randy, but he doesnt work there. The deal is still on, you just need to speak with Rod or Steve now!

EURWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2002
DirtWeek trailer rental

Does anyone know of a rental facility, in the Dallas area, that rents bumper-pull toyhaulers?

Wayne Correll
EURWAY

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
ANY kind of toy hauler is REALLY difficult to locate.

Top Bottom