Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Thinking about renting an RV for DW?

I rented last year from a place in OKC. They are a good outfit, the whole deal was painless, no nit-picking on return, got billed $2.00 extra for a part I broke and that's it. One advantage is they do not charge for generator use like most other places.

I was thinking that if there are several of us that want to rent, we could get together and work group deal. This place has everything from Class C (22' - 26' , sleeps 6) for $900 per week to 41' diesel coaches at $2400 per week (ouch!). Delivery to Cooperland (and pick-up) is available. With enough of us, I'm sure we could save a decent buck.

If you are interested, let me know here.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm in on the rental deal.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I'd be interested. I've got that 30 footer reserved for about 700, but with a group discount, delivery, and pickup, your place might end up being a better deal.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
If I can get enough guys to go in on it with me, I might be interested.  Does this place have a website, Okie?

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
beans to that. i'm having a CH-47 airlift in a reinforced bunker with multiple machine gun pits, and some extra "real" beer. no more late night panty raids from elkster...no sir

tcarp

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2002
Originally posted by MX-727
I'd be interested. I've got that 30 footer reserved for about 700, but with a group discount, delivery, and pickup, your place might end up being a better deal.

Ditto! Count me in on the group deal if its cheaper.

:thumb:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by bscottr
Looking for something that 4, maybe 5 guys can sleep comfortably in.

$1000 to $1200 range +/-. Possible?

It'll be less than that... A 26'-30' class C will eaily sleep 6 (Class C's usually sleep more than Class A, due to the overhead queen bed. Of course that means 2 people in each quessn bed... something to think about :eek: .

I'll attach some floorplans below.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Is everybody trying to rent their individual rv's for the same place or is everybody thats going alone trying to pull money together and split a rv?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I was thinking that if there are several of us that want to rent, we could get together and work group deal.
The thread is about getting a good price on RV's by renting several of them as a group... not specifically about people getting together to rent one... but that is an option of course that can also be discussed here.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
assuming a bunch of guys don't want to sleep together, it sleeps 4.
OUTSTANDING assumption! :)

That's an excellent deal. With the drop-off, setup and pick up option this is outstanding. Do you have any idea what that service may cost?

Thanks,
Scott

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
A couple posts back I said less than 1,000 for the week (it would eaily be over 1200 if you went it alone). It's all going to depend on how many folks get involved. I'm sure we'll have a pretty big stick to deal with if we have 10 or more rentals to bring to the table.

Until we get closer and more people want to join in, I have no way to get solid pricing.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I would be interested in spliting with a few other people. If anybody needs another person to bring the cost down let me know.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Okie,
I got the $1000 part (excellent). I'm curious if you were shooting for an inclusive drop-off, setup and pick-up service in the price or should we expect a separate fee for the service? Prolly wasn't clear in my previous post, sorry.

Either way sounds like it's great deal to me.

Top Bottom