Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
We are and I'm sure Crispy is (she's already reserved) and we will both be returning on Sunday.

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
I just spoke with Steve a few min ago.... He said he would be there Sunday from 8:00-11:00 guaranteed! So, what we need now is a running list of people that will be renting from them and returning Sunday... so please let me know in this thread and I will update this post! Thanks!

If you havent reserved yet, please let them know you are with the Dirtrider.net group. Everyone that takes reservations there (Steve, Randy, Rod and Jeff all know about us!)

Returning Sunday:
Crispy
Okie
Gospeed
Flying Scot

Last edited:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I made my reservation today with Randy and we will be dropping of on Sunday. They are only open until 3:00pm on Saturday anyway.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Thanks for the direction Crispy. We called and the guy I talked to didn't know squat. He quoted higher than the prices on the site and said I could not reserve one yet, I had to wait until the week before we leave. That makes me kinda nervous. I will call back and talk to Steve. Thanks!!!! :thumb:

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Okay who wants to spend a week with a Scotsman !

Looking for a room mate or 2 to cut the expense. If I get enough definates we move more upscale. I figure I will make a call tomorrow or Tuesday to see what I can get. Do want it delivered on site though !

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
FYI - I called earlier this week because I wanted to look into changing the vehical we have reserved. The person I spoke with said they were booked solid for those dates, 928/03-10/5/03. Told me there were "no RV's available".
It's possible he was wrong considering another DRN member just reserved one yesterday but I think the chances of their being any left during the DW dates is slim.

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Aha, I have plan B in reserve. If they don't have any cancellations in the next couple of weeks I will sleep under PapaKeiths temporary abode for safety :laugh: . Or the tent I will bring.  :thumb:

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Okay Crispy - I talked with Steve today and reserved a Class C 31'. I told him I will be returning it Sunday with everyone else. Now to find 2 or 3 unsuspecting people to share my abode and split the cost. Think of AC on a hot day and dry clothes on a wet one. TV and VCR so bring tapes. :cool:

Volunteers please e-mail me soon. ( Before the 25th ) P.S. I get the bed at the back since I am taking the financial risk. :ugg:

alasdair@comcast.net 

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Great! Gald they had one for you! You are now added to the list!!! Thanks for letting me know!!

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
FYI - I talked with Rod (the manager) just now... there are still several RVs available for the week of DW. If you talk to someone other than Rod and you hear a different story, please ask for Rod or email or pm me right away!
Again, if you call there to reserve an RV, dont forget to tell them you are with the Dirtrider.net group! And if you are going to return on Sunday rather than Monday, let me know here so I can add you to the list!
Thanks
Chris

jabroni1m

Mar 14, 2003
Just wondering if anyone whose got one reserved and has extra space to sell out, please list which rv u got and how much for a spot on it!!! I think this will help everyone out some.

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
jabroni1m - The qoute I got for a C class 31 ' with TV and VCR for Monday through Sunday was $1350 including taxes and other such ( $990 was the rate for the RV ) I have to check the quote I left it at work it may include the deposit. I already reserved one and was looking for 3 more people to share it. It holds 6 according to them but 4 I think would be unobtrusive. Since the toilet will need emptying at least one for $75 then each share will be $350.

But I am working on a plan to reduce that but only if the weather is hot. I am going to offer 12 people access to the RV for 2 hours a day during the day at $50 for the week. Since it has AC and a bathroom that will depreciate the cost for the rest of those who go in on the total cost. If that sounds good and you know of others who want to split the cost and want somewhere to sleep let me know.

Anyway all will be above board and all costs and bills will be shown to those participating. :thumb:

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
I'm serious oh great one !

Subletting during the day is a great idea. 2 hour nap in the cool AC will be just the ticket for the dehydrated souls who drank heavily all night.

We'll see if I get 3 more people or 4 if they want to sleep together. If they don't want to sublet then we'll just split the cost and ban everyone from the abode.

They can always charge me 5 bucks a night for hanging at there campfire. :thumb:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I can't speak for the rest of them there last year but I had no problems at all sleeping anytime. It was unseasonably warm last year and even that didn't make any difference. In fact I go as far to say that I've never slept better in my life than I did at DW02

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Tomorrow I'm cancelling the RV. Deposit down the drain. Not worried about the money but luxury would have been nice. No one to split it, maybe next year.

Latest weather is right where I want it 72 deg F highest during the week. Even if that changes by a few degrees I can handle it.

Looks like I'll rent a Minivan for the week so that I can keep up my so called tradition with the Damn Yankees. Bringing the leather jacket as well ! :laugh:

Top Bottom