For those of you who don't know.. Cell phones and Bush hogs don't mix.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Any questions?

Attachments

• IMG_0981.JPG
    IMG_0981.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 156
Apr 30, 2007
Now, I know that pictures are worth a thousand words (but warning!!!),

BUT

I want to hear how this happened.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Way more innocent than it deserves..

I was cutting grass today, it fell off my belt. First time since I got the phone that it's done that. It couldn't have done it in the living room, where there's carpet.. Oh no, that wouldn't be dramatic enough.

Had to happen while I was sitting on a tractor with a bush hog attached.

It made a slight grinding noise as it got ripped into a few hundred pieces.

I found the SIM card, it still works find. I did not find the 8 GB memory card. OUCH. All of my contacts were on the phone. OUCH.

Oh well, rebuilding is fun, right?

May 10, 2007
yeah we have one of those bush hogs that we use for cutting around fields. i can see how that happened. 3 inch tree no problem. 1/2 inch phone. no problem!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Nice job! Maybe you can enter the field of metal shredding. You've already got the start of a good resume ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Looks like you need to sharpen the blades, mine would have made phone confetti out of it.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I thought its been a while since we last "heard" from Indy? That was bad, I know. The phone in the crapper is not funny either! Thats why I do not want a fancy pants flip phone. Got to have my nextel brick phone. Military approved of course. It would have made a lot more pieces in that bush hog. I would like to see the phone guys face when you drop off the parts, can you fix this kid? Is it still under warranty? I have no idea how it happened, it was fine 1 minute, then it wasn't? I know, should have read the book, not bush hog compatible??

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yeah, as soon as I get all of my contacts back in the phone, they'll be backed up and stored OFF THE DAMNED PHONE!

New phone showed up today, wouldn't you know it.. I left the damned SIM card in my dad's car.. Oh well.. I'll be going over there anyway tonight.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Mine backs up to my account on the Sprints system. Came in handy when the phone just locked up on day, they sent me a new one, flipped it on and it pulled them all back down.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Well, I hadn't even remembered but a week or so ago I setup my phone to sync my calendar with my Google Calendar. I hadn't realized that I also set it to sync contacts..

All of my contacts live! Whooot.. Happy Day!.

I'm really only out a few bucks, a memory card and a few pictures that were on the memory card.

Not such a bad deal after all.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'll send you a bill.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
just glad to see when i opened this thread there wasn't an arm and hand attached to that phone.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
That would be an Oldguy post Wardy ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Damn the me! Stupid Instinct phone puked the touch screen AGAIN! Free replacement on the way but it will be a quiet weekend for me :laugh:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Patman said:
Damn the me! Stupid Instinct phone puked the touch screen AGAIN! Free replacement on the way but it will be a quiet weekend for me :laugh:

I never had a problem with my Encite, until the bush hog incident that is.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom