dpac31

Jul 25, 2004
As most of you know 2002 and older bikes are green sticker. How much longer do you think you can renew your registration and still remain green sticker with your 2-strokes. Do you think the next time you renew it will become red sticker.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
the way i understand it is once you have been issued a green sticker, it shall remain green stickered.. When i forst got my 01 kx250, i was issued a red sticker, at that time, the parks weren't enforcing the issue.. Then when i re-newed, i was issued green..
Rick

velosapiens

Mar 18, 2002
dpac31 said:
As most of you know 2002 and older bikes are green sticker. How much longer do you think you can renew your registration and still remain green sticker with your 2-strokes. Do you think the next time you renew it will become red sticker.

forever, unless they change the law again.
mw

d36RM racer

May 26, 2004
From what I know is that the bikes made before 02 cant meet the clean air standard due to their age so they are exempt but the red sticker law is being enforced now :bang: so My plan is to tell the dmv the sticker on my dads 86 yz was torn off in a crash and put the new one on my 03 RM250. I heard its only 10bucks for a replacement :yeehaw:

BigSwole

Jun 8, 2004
d36RM racer said:
From what I know is that the bikes made before 02 cant meet the clean air standard due to their age so they are exempt but the red sticker law is being enforced now :bang: so My plan is to tell the dmv the sticker on my dads 86 yz was torn off in a crash and put the new one on my 03 RM250. I heard its only 10bucks for a replacement :yeehaw:

super idea :) BTW I should not have posted here cuz this was for the Calif bros.wait I was born in Calif,does that count?? LOL

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
d36RM racer said:
My plan is to tell the dmv the sticker on my dads 86 yz was torn off in a crash and put the new one on my 03 RM250.

The penalty for this is a $286.00 fine & bike impounded for 30 days. :(
It's called falsification of documentation. I have witnessed 2 bikes on separate occasions being impounded. 1 @ Metcalf & 1 @ Carnegie.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Ain't worth the effort, trust me. The green sticker bikes should remain as such, hopefully!

Top Bottom