KTM CHRIS

~SPONSOR~
Nov 6, 2000
I have a pair on my KTM. They have been on it since last october. I have experienced no leaks from the seals. You do need to remove them and clean nay dust from underneath periodically. You will not need to diassemble the forks to install. They split with velcro to connect after you wrap around the fork tube.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Beware of holeshots shipping charges. I ordered a pair and it was like 15.00 and then they tacked 18.00 shipping for a total of 32.00 and all he did was stick them in an envelope and had like 2.50 postage.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
same here, $15 for booties, $20 for an EMN needle (gasp:scream: )

Total weight less than one pound Shipping: $12 DANG!

Rod

B

biglou

SealSavers!

go to www.sealsavers.com $18.95, shipping included for USD forks. These do not have the velcro so you have to drop the tubes out of the clamps to slide them on, but it's no big deal. I've had them on the kTm since new in July and haven't had any leaking seals (knock on wood!).

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i have used the holeshot 1s on a ktm since 1/00, fork has yet to leak a drop. they attach with velcro, then you hold them on with zip-ties.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
I installed the HS versions last night. I'm not really impressed with the "look" IMO the look kinda cheap. :think

They are basically pieces of neoprene (wetsuit material) cut to shape with velcro sewn to the sides. They toss in a couple of zip ties (total about 50 cents worth of stuff)

From the look, I personally think the Sealsavers look of higher quality and look tricker.

I'll try em for a while and see what happens.

Rod

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Question to the Sealsavers cult (just kidding!!)

Can you pull the savers down to clean under the wipers? I am now interested. I thought the only color they offered was that puky purple. I don't mind dropping the forks. With the Velcro type, it is real easy to clean the wipers. Please don't say there is no need! They don't keep all the dirt/dust out.

The velcro type do not look as clean as these do!

Thanks!

B

biglou

Yes.

They are a "one-piece" neoprene tube. They are sewn instead of velcro closure. You can lift them up or slide them up the tube to clean around the end of them or your dust seal. When you call, you'll most likely talk to Marty, the owner. He took plenty of time to explain to me how to install them easily and what to do to clean under the lip.
I'm taking the digital camera home this afternoon so check back around 4-5 CST and I'll post an up-close picture or two. Heck, you can get the SealSavers sent to your house for the price of what Holeshot's shipping charge is!;)

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I had the holeshot booties for over a year, and although they worked well, they eventually came apart from the velcro. I looked at the seal savers, but dont like the bright letters advertising someones product on my bike. I found some neoprene booties at Summers racing web page and ordered the full length booties for $30 +- and they are plain black and the length of the fork. They dont reccommend running the full length on inverted forks, as the material may get hung up in the brake rotor, line, etc., To fix this, I cut one bootie in half and used each half (about 7-8 inches) on each fork leg. This way, I still have another when these wear out, so I feel that the $30 was justified since I have another set.

B

biglou

It appears so, but...

I just took a look at them and yes, the "skin" appears to be the same on the inside as it is on the outside. But-the inside is purple!:scream: And, I doubt there is, but I suppose there's a chance that the logo could be on the inside as well. You can rotate them to any position you want, so the logo facing forward, backward or towards the inside would hide itself fairly well.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom