John Curea

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 29, 2000
MRK
First things first, the fork is over sprung for your weight.
The stock 01 YZ125 comes with .41 fork springs.
At 125 lbs., I would reccomend .38 fork springs, use Mobil 1 ATF at 90mm oil height.
Set the clickers at 10 Comp 14 Rebound

Take Care, John

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I know this doesn't (directly) relate to your forks - but you need to set your sag too (100-105 mm) - before you start messing with the clickers. I know you haven't even touched this yet - but it is must do starting point on all bikes! Then you can try to work with what you have until you decide to go to softer springs or a revalve or grow into the stock springs (for a rider 160-170 lbs. - I believe) :)

Also - since you haven't touched a thing yet - maybe try kxvet's recommendations along with something like shocknut's recommendations that he gave you here:

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19174&highlight=suspension

Good luck - and being 125 lbs. too on the same bike - I can definately recommend a revalve on the forks and shock! Before I had my suspension done - my front tire was popping out high on ruts and I kept falling over :eek: Now it's just awesome - and I can go out there and ride the bike and not have to worry about my suspension at all!

Top Bottom