TX21

Dec 31, 2002
Has anyone done it? Or is it worth the $150.00 in labor charges for my local shop to do the work? Got a clymer book and its very easy to read but it looks like a lot of work. Just want to know what you guys do.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
its really not that hard, you should learn to do it. you might need one or two special tools but they can be made for a few bucks. even if you buy the expensive proper ones, it will be a lot cheaper than $150

TX21

Dec 31, 2002
Got a price on the tools too.

Seal driver $66.00 (motion pro)
catridge holder $37.00 (motion pro)

Not too bad.

TX21

Dec 31, 2002
Holy crap I feel stupid. I almost went and bought this crap. Never seen his site before, you saved me about 90 bucks!

You are the best!!
Thanx
TX21

someday

Jul 10, 2000
I'm getting ready to do this too. I also bought new bushings. Is the pvc trick really good enough to get the bushing forced back into it's land in the upper tube? I can see it being sufficient for the seal but the bushing requires a tad more effort I'll bet. Freezing the bushings may help. Instructions also say to drive the seal and bushing in at the same time. I was thinking of doing the bushing then the seal. Any comments would be appreciated.

TX21

Dec 31, 2002
Next question. Forks are back on the bike and just want to know how to adjust them back to where they were when I took them off. I ended up taking it to my local shop because I couldn't wait for me to finish the prodject ( I spent about a week trying to do this on my own and said screw this) anyway how do you set them for a weight? I weigh about 145 and am 5'8". They felt great when I took them off and just want to get them back to where they were before they started leaking.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
If you gently turn the adjuster clockwise you will feel a clicking-these are how we set the adjusters to a preset condition.
So turn it clockwise until it stops-dont force it when it comes to the end
then turn it anticlockwise until it clicks 12 times.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom