jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
I was reading a topic on the other board about Seal Savers. It seems the general concensus is they work pretty darn well to protect against leaky seals. I'm starting to get nervous about mine because the one day after washing I noticed a little too much excess oil on the one fork, but since then I've seen no other oil leak out. A lot of my riding is in major dust, along with mud and water and I'm just not wanting to pay the hefty sum and have my bike layed up for a week this summer because of a leaky seal. I was looking at the seal saver devices and they're nice, but I don't really wanna go through all the hassle of taking my forks off. I don't know exactly what that job entails but it seems a little more complicated than I want. I've heard of these other covers that are like some Teflon type material that velcroes around the fork seals to keep the bad stuff out. It seems like they'd work just as well, AND I'd be able to them off and clean the forks and what not. I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could find these for a 2001 CR125. Thanks a bunch and any other suggestions you have, that might even make me do the Seal Saver idea, I'd appreciate it.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
By the way, how come a factory hasn't made the effort to make a stock item on their bikes that does the same job. I mean it would seem like it could save buyers a lot of grief and money down the road and it would be easy to do it seems. I don't see why they haven't designed an enclosed fork system anyway.

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
Originally posted by jaypro55
By the way, how come a factory hasn't made the effort to make a stock item on their bikes that does the same job.

Then they wont be selling much seals or whoever makes them.

I have heard and believe it, that cars could be made so they almost doesnt need any parts changed. The spare parts are a part of the plan. The more they sell the more they earn.

I have many "why dont they make them.." and the simple answer is money. Bikes are about making money its not always the best for the owners.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Yeah I assumed that's what it was too. Just like you'd think with some of the highly advanced synthetic materials out there today we could make a tire that wouldn't wear as fast, or at all. But there goes a multi-billion dollar rubber industry. Still though it would be nice to have parts like Seal Savers as factory options. Just like four wheel drive on a truck...

Top Bottom