Status
Not open for further replies.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
My forks have been leaking throgh the dust seals on my 2003 KDX200. I left my forks at my local shop, and called them today to ask a question. they said thats it would be like 200 bux to do the labor and all. so i was like... wait a sec, thats more than double the price I was quoted. no one has touched my forks yet, or worked on them. the question is... which parts do I really need? just the oil seals? or do i need the dust seal, retaining ring, bushing, and washer? I would assume that just the fork seals would do it? quick help needed. I wanna ride again asap. I need some quick help. thanks in advance. and thanks to this great site.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Find a new dealer. Try using some camera film to slide up in there and it will usually clear out any little dirt particle that is making your seals leak.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
ok thanks. I had him go ahead and do the seals only. does about $120 sound right for EVERYHTING inclusing labor? the seals were roughly 17$ each.

91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
Yeah $125 does sound about right. I had my KX fork seals replaced and I had bought the seals off ebay, it took them a week to replace both seal which is crazy but I didn't want to mess with them. Hope this helps

Ben

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
damn! a week? he said they should be done by tomorrow!.,.. they better be! GRR.. i wanan ride this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom