doodman

Jun 15, 2009
Howdy! I got my first dirt bike last fall! I took it to my friend place to ride some trails and noticed when I unstrapped it when I got there, I noticed the fork seals were leaking bad on both sided (I probably strapped it down way too tight.. buy anywho...). I need to replace the seals. I don't have the manual yet, but will get one when the seals get here. I'm ordering stuff from rockymountainmc... they list several different oil weights. I'm going with bel ray gear saver fork oil.

Question.. what weight is best/specified for my forks? Their selection is from 7W to 20W. Also, what size are the stock forks? The fork seal savers are available in different sizes!

I'm gettin the fork bleeder valves and seal savers too!

I'm a noob.. be gentle with me.. lol.
Thanks!!!! :whoa:

Last edited:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
You've got Kayaba forks. They should be 46mm. 5w oil is recomended. Contaminated oil (old oil) will damage seals quickly... we change the oil/clean the internals every 50 hrs of run time. Seal savers work real well. Haven't had a leaky seal in a couple years, and that was caused by a fall in the rocks that put a nick in the tube. Tightening down your tiedowns was not the culprit. Make sure the forks inner slider (chrome) has no nicks protruding... use your fingernail to check 'em out. If so, careful filing will usually fix them fine so you won't immediately ruin your new seals.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
My pleasure.
Home improvement contractor here, with a whooooooole lot of free time :( .
Seal savers are great!... 'cause I can't affoard new fork seals!... :laugh:
Bail out? Sure, why not?

doodman

Jun 15, 2009
Yeah, I got too much free time as well... tryini' to get a PC repair business going. Aparently everyone's PCs are working great, or my marketing sucks so far. DOH!

Top Bottom