BAGZ

Apr 14, 2010
Ok I have a few questions about the RM 250 I recently bought.

1- It starts right up within a few kicks without the choke while engine is cool but if I'm out riding and I shut it off even just for a minute sometimes it will start 1st or 2nd kick but if it doesn't I have to kick start it a lot before it starts sometimes like 10-15 times. Why is this? Am I supposed to use the choke to start it even after its warm or what? This is my 1st 2 stroke so I'm not sure if this is a problem or if there's a trick.

2- I'm planning on rebuilding the front forks and I wanted to know what parts I'll need. Is it just the fork oil, bushings, oil seals, and dust seals? When I was looking for bushings they had outer bushings and inner bushings, do I need both or which do I need? Anything else I should replace while rebuilding them?

3- when I kick start it it makes this weird almost popping sound from the exhaust not like a backfire I cant really explain it but does anyone know what I'm talking about and is it normal?

BAGZ

Apr 14, 2010
Idle questions? Rm 250

My 89' rm 250 runs fine but when I put it in neutral after riding I have to keep revving it every few seconds or it stalls, is this supposed to happen? If not whats the problem? This is with the choke off by the way.

Top Bottom