mikeju

Dec 27, 2004
I have an 01YZ426f, the fork seals continue to fail about every 3 rides. I have had my local dealer replace seals once and have done it several times myself. Only modification has been a slight increase in fork oil height. Have inspected tubes, found one small scratch, polished out with 1000 grit sandpaper. Have not replaced bushings or damper rods. Used OEM seals. Have also tried to bleed excess air with forks compressed. I am convinced my work rivals that of the dealership as my seal replacement lasts approximately as long as theirs.
Any technical information regarding inspection procedures, use of aftermarket parts ie, seals, bushings, etc. would be appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

binder929rr

May 1, 2004
there is something wrong with the tubes. if you aren't outside of the oil level specs for height then you shoudln't be building up excess pressure. and never bleed the forks while compressed.

the seals are dying because of something with teh fork tubes. that has to be the reason.

tbrooks

Jan 2, 2002
while your looking !

Take a good look at your bushings and guides, if they have wear your lower leg can move to one side and cause the seal to leak even though it is not worn out. If you can wiggle the lower leg ( no front wheel or axle on the bike ) the bushings are shot. pivot works makes a great kit with everything you need. Even if you don't feel any movement your bike is an 01 it most likely needs the forks to be rebuilt. :ride:

Top Bottom