fork seals ..........

trevkx125

May 22, 2002
i have a 97 kx125 and need to do the fork seals,having never done them before i need some help !

can anyone give me the link to any usefull sites or talk me trough it? and do i need to but any special tooks for thr job?

thanks alot guys !!

trev.

minutz

Feb 6, 2000
There are downloads at mx-tech.com that will describe in detail how to rebuild your kyb's.

FritoBandito

Sep 18, 2001
The Yamaha owners manual is probably the best thing that I have found for this. Find a friend that has a manual, and the Kawi is going to look just like the Yamaha. It has pictures of how it comes apart and goes back together. It is not very hard to do. I made my own seal driver. Buy a PVC pipe fitting that connects two peices of pipe together. I think it was for 1.5 inch pipe, but I can't remember that for sure. Anyway, you cut it in two, so it fits on each side of the fork tube, then you tap down the metal washer first and then the next flat washer goes in and then you set the seal in with the driver. I found it was easier to drive the parts in one at a time since I wasn't using the real driver, which you can drive the whole thing together in one motion.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Check out yzguy's post on the same topic. I just did a '98 KX and posted info there. If you bought the shop manual for your bike (Kawasaki sells it seperate :| , Yamaha gives it too you. :thumb: ) it has good info. It's the same manual for '94-'98.

Anyway, it's a simple job.

my250

Mar 19, 2002
If you haven't started yet, check this out. It saved me a few $$ and it works.

http://www.gasgasatlantic.com/fork_seal_fix.htm

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…