HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Ok my fork seem to be 1: harsh on the small bumps 2: about right on the mid sized stuff but 3: don't seem to stiffen up enough on the big hits.
Does this mean 1: too much compression damping 2: the oil weight and spring rate are about right and 3: I need more oil?

Or am I way out of the ball park?

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Wht kind of bike, wieght, ability??? The springs sound too soft. Over small high speed bumps, they hang low into the travel, getting harsh. The rest of the problems sound like a soft spring too. Maybe a little more preload and a little stiffer compression will halp ya. Try faster rebound too. I am no suspension expert though, but this popped into my mind when I first saw it.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
No expert either but...

I'd try more oil and softer on the compression. The extra oil will help with the bottoming and the softer compression will take out some harshness of the small stuff.

Good luck

smilinicon

Feb 20, 2001
Don't forget the rear settings. It affects the front also as it is a balancing act. Set the rear sag first. I agree that you should try adding oil height to reduce the bottoming and reduce compression two clicks to see how it affects the small stuff handling. It is a matter of trade-offs - if you cannot get things equaled out, then you may need to go to revalving. It is free to try clicker changes - experiment with them. Make changes and see how the bike handles. Take notes.. it is easy to forget when you get it right and it changes from track to track.

Top Bottom