Shawn007

Oct 22, 2005
I don't get any of this forum stuff! I just have some ?'s about when to service my YZF. This 1st visit to a site like this is very overwhelming. I would imagine people that spend a lot of time on the net are very familiar with this forum communication stuff, not me. Anyway, the link for "First time visit" says there is info. about how to search around and use forums. But I don't see any of that here. There's just people introductions. I don't have time to "Chat". You don't need to know about me. I came here referred by Eric Gorr's site as a place to get some tech info. Where can I go at this site to find out when it is time to service my '03 32 hours old YZF450
head, Piston etc.?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The YZ450F has a very detailed Service Interval listing in the manual that came with your bike. That's the best place to start, and will waste the absolute minimum of your obviously valuable time. ;)

Shawn007

Oct 22, 2005
Thanks Rich. Sorry to sound like I can't sit here long. I'm just not very E-savvy. Yes I know my manual says what it says. But over the years, I've come to learn that what the manual says is not real life. I did learn some good info. that I found in the "Thumper Central" Forum about a guy with similar questions about his YZF250. After spending several hours here tonight (my foxy wife didn't feel good and went to bed early) I've learned a little of the surfing on this site. Are you a person I can ask a more detailed question of about my service issue? Thanks Rich.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Please don't double post. I just posted a fairly time intensive reply to your identical question posted in thumper central:

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=123488

Now that I have read this post, I'm wishing I didn't just waste 20min digging for someone who really has no intention of becoming a true DRN member. I should have just told you to search like I do with every other forum newb. Too bad I didn't.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site Shawn007 :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Regarding your questions and the responses received. All of us here on the site consider our time very valuable and give freely to help other members of the site. The magic of the web is the fact that you can get past all the BS quickly and on to the facts. Everyone here is more than willing to help but we appreciate being appreciated.

As I said about, grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. Also, the search button is your best friend around here as there are numerous threads on virtually every subject imaginable.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
Masterphil said:
Please don't double post. I just posted a fairly time intensive reply to your identical question posted in thumper central:

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=123488

Now that I have read this post, I'm wishing I didn't just waste 20min digging for someone who really has no intention of becoming a true DRN member. I should have just told you to search like I do with every other forum newb. Too bad I didn't.

Meanie, Meanie, Meanie, at least he didn't ask what the top speed of a 1999 Yz 125 was or if a KX500 would beat ZO6 in a quarter mile drag race or what the 0-6000000 time of a CR450FZ was.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
tyesai said:
Meanie, Meanie, Meanie, at least he didn't ask what the top speed of a 1999 Yz 125 was or if a KX500 would beat ZO6 in a quarter mile drag race or what the 0-6000000 time of a CR450FZ was.

True.

Well, better late than never, welcome to DRN. Give it some time, I'm sure you'll come to love this site.

Shawn007

Oct 22, 2005
Thank You!!! I'm sorry I "Double Posted". Again, I confess, I'm not a good internet dude. I will and have learned some. Thank you, Thank You, Thank you! You're time is appreciated.

Top Bottom