MikeKX250

Mar 21, 2001
I bought two jerseys, a 2001 Fox SFX and a 2001 O2. I wore the sfx once, after wearing it I noticed in many different spots that the fabric looked "snagged" like something like velcro was stuck to it and then pulled off, pulling some of the threads out. It seems like it happened wherever something was touching the jersey, kidney belt, chest protector etc. I called Fox they said send it to them and they will replace it. I did, and I just got a brand new 200 2SFX in the mail. But now I`m looking at the 2001 O2 jesey that has been worn and washed in cold water once, and it`s doing the same thing. Anyone else had any problems like this?

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
My 02 looks like that where ever it was shiny. I dont think that it can be avoided. I also ripped the sleeve off when I rode into a tree ;) . I like the seam around the arm now. I think that the 02 jersys are more for the pros where you wear it once and throw it away. I got it as a gift so I am not out anything. Good luck with your jersy.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Yep - my SFX has the same "snag" spots. The velcro-like effect explains it exactly! My No Fear Electron jersey did the same thing, too. I think next year it'll be Thor gear for me. Red has had 3 of the 4 Core lines and never a jersey snag, rip, or problem.

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
All polyester jersey's "snag". Theres nothing you can do. I own alot of differnent makes of polyester jerseys(fox, acerbis, shift,smp). I havent tryed Thor so i cant say anything about Thor. They all seem to do this EXCEPT for my one jersey. That one is my Fox aero jersey. But that jersey has pre made holes in it already . I dont think it's just Fox jerseys that do this. It just the type of material. It snags on braches, trees almost anything. Thats why i wear these type of jerseys to school only. They dont stand up like the cotton jerseys. But then again the polester jerseys dont fade and always look new. My cotton jerseys are all faded but they aint ripped or snagged. Just my 2cents :)

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I pretty much only buy cotton jersey's because of this problem. I guess those jerseys are aimed at folks who don't use chest protectors or kidney belts. The cotton jerseys that are "sublimated" don't fade nearly as fast. That means the color goes all the way through the fabric so they're the same color inside as outside. The Fox M1 is what I generally get:
http://www.foxracing.com/products/MX/jerseys/m1jersey.htm

Top Bottom