Fram SureDrain installed. Good results!

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Well I finally got the suredrain installed. I have always had problems sealing the drain plug on the bike cause of the shape of the case around the plug. It would take a super small washer to not deform against the case. So I coated the threads with some sealer, installed a new washer and bolted it in. Seems to be sealed fine. For draining, all you have to do is screw the hose fitting into the bottom of the unit and it drains directly into a bottle or whatever for you! no mess. When you are done, there is a cap to protect the unit from dirt and draining. Works really well.

The only down sides is there is only 5 sizes offered right now. So for my KDx250 (which I am sure the previous owner stripped and tapped the oil plug larger) did not fit. With a die I cut one down to the proper thread. Other than that, seems to be a great $10 spent.

Here is a picture of the unit:

http://www.fram.com/products/acces/acceimg/hoseacttr.jpg

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
Matt it seems cool,i have some questions.u sealed the threads,do u torque the unit in the case?the cap that goes on the unit,with the hammering a bike takes and vibrations do u think the cap could find it's way off the unit ?thanks

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
My bike is not typical in that the previous owner really screwed some things up. Especially every bearing and the drain plug.

They do come with a copper crush washer to seal. For the cap that you install to cover the unit, it is sealed with an Oring. That should help keep the cover there.

Top Bottom