free play in shocks?

cruzin925

Feb 8, 2003
I have a 99 YZ 400, i had my forks serviced recently and have set the compresion and rebound to the stock settings. But now when i push them down they dont fully return, and have about 3-4 less inches travel. I can pull them up but as soon as i push them down they only return 3/4 of the way. What can i do to fix this. My rear shock also sags, but feels like it still has good rebound, should it have free play or somthing like that? thanks for anyones input.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
This is called the static sag. It should be normal, but it is suspicious it sags that much more than before. Did you have new springs installed also? If not, perhaps the stock springs sacked.

cruzin925

Feb 8, 2003
the front shocks dont really "sag" its more like they are getting stuck. When my bike has been on its stand the shocks sit where they should, when i push them down they only return about 3/4 of the way back. Its like the rebound in the shocks isnt working. I was thinking mabe the springs have had it... sounds costly.

russ17

Aug 27, 2002
cruzin925,
when your pushing on the forks, is this with the forks on the bike, or off? could be possible that they are on a bind. Also were the seals changed as of late with the service

Russ

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…