freedom ridge independance day ride/bash

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
so..ttr, speedy and friend showed up at the ridge sat afternoon. the party/sweatfest was in full bore. we had crates of fireworks, coolers of beer, 2 bikes that run, the submarine/ranch king mower/beer cooler mover and a porta-potty. all was good. well, eddie was looking hard at the DFA 426 and figured he'd take it back, down the road to the river trails. after chasing a coyotey or two around for a bit he figured he'd try my dreaded ravine trails. i did the walk through with him, showing him the oaktree that killed my front fender and taking my last drn sticker, as luck would have it ,the sticker was still there,shrivled, but in all it's glory. i put some police tape on the tree ,as a turning marker to head up the side, consisting of 3 jumps/whoops at about a 70 deg angle for about 50-60' feet up. i, speedy and tammy settled in,on the top trail, at what we thought a safe distance,to watch the show. brapp brapp brapp...eddie comes down the lower goat trail, makes the 90 deg left hander and starts up the side...brapp, jump-air, brapp jump-air ,brapp, clear the top. whoo-ee. we were most impressed. so eddie figured he had the hang of it,this time he'd try it in second gear, get some speed. we took our positions..brapp brapp brapp, he made the left hander..BRAAAPPP JUMP_AIR..BRAAAAAP-JUMP_AIR and he got a lil' sideways and was coming right for us, speedy,tammy, my dog bear, and i scooted, and eddie made it to the top.sa-weeet, i don't think he killed it here, just stopped to hear the applause. so after 5 min and 2 different legs to kick, the beast fired up and eddie was off for another run...away he goes..down into the bottoms to make his aproach on the goat trails again...braapp brapp braaa-aaapaaapap CRAASH. we could hear the distinct sound of breaking trees-limbs-brush....then silence..so we,speedy.tammy, bear and i , all look at each other and i get my big grin..the ravine claimed another rider! i hopped on the ttr 225 chase craft and came upon ole' eddie..the goat trail goes up about 8' to get into the ravine, thing is, it's got a lil off camber rise, the whole thing is off camber, that's about 8" wide for about 5', if you slide off that portion you fall into a creek wash type area 7-8' wide and about 5' deep emptying into the river, and it's full of unburnt cleared brush/logs. there he was,eddie, smack dab in the middle of the pit. ha! i love it when it happens to some one else..so i pulled the front wheel up and he pushed the rear wheel up and out. we got the pig started and figured it was "cool" refreshment time. we made it up to the top, he parked the 426, i did my patented skidd/slide get off and we had had enough of the bikes for the day. i put the trailer on the back of the sub/rancking, loaded it up with the coolers and we headed out to the center of the pasture/center of the grass track, and settled in for lotsa fireworks and ,well..maybe just a couple of beers. one round out ,sent into the crowd, made speedy and tammy go to a safer distance, but eddie and i, steal willed it, and continued to sit in the blast zone as my nephew and his buddy proceded to blast about 700$ + of fireworks. the stl crew set off later and it was a good day / night had by all. :aj: the first annual freedom ridge independence crash/blastfest. there will be more! :aj:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Twas a great day Crash! I have found about 6 bruises from the fall into the big brush pile hole :) Great fireworks, food & people, very cool riding and cold daddy pops afterwards. Thanks for having us out and letting us hang with you, the family and friends.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Nothing like a SFC Crash ride report! LMAO

Top Bottom